Author Topic: Compression Vest Woes  (Read 8510 times)

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I understand the need for my chest binding compression vest, but this thing is starting to hurt my back while I sleep where it rolls up and tightens around my middle.  For that reason I'm waking up a lot with my back hurting and losing sleep.  During the day my underarms are sore from the pressure and rubbing there.  And my sides are itching under it... OH, the itching!  I am beginning to really hate this thing.  AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!  

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member
LOL! Same here!! I feel like just taking it off, but its a hassle for me to put it back on alone.  Im thinking after my drains get removed on Wednesday to use a cotton t-shirt, then put my vest on.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Same story Mr. Nip.

Havn't sleep full night since surgery. couple of hours on my bed. And then watch movie for some hour and then sleep on sofa. The vest really hurts and can turn my back while sleeping.

Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
How about using some tape to stick it to your skin so that it doesnt ride up? also stick tape where it rubs your skin on the armpits.

Offline Mr_Nip

LOL! Same here!! I feel like just taking it off, but its a hassle for me to put it back on alone.  Im thinking after my drains get removed on Wednesday to use a cotton t-shirt, then put my vest on.

Good idea.  I just put on a cotton T-shirt under the vest and it does feel better under the arms for now.  I'm not sure about the rolling up, though.  I have an appointment with the P.S. this afternoon and I'll ask him if I can get one of those long Underworks vests or something like that.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit:
Just make sure you don't get a wrinkle in your T-shirt where it comes through the vest's arm hole.  After a while that wrinkle hurts.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 06:47:18 AM by Mr_Nip »

Offline luckystrike

This compression vest is prolly the most annoying thing I have ever had to go through.  But I move over to the spandex type shirt on my next visit.  My vest doesnt rub my body though, all the itching if from the hair they had to shave off.

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member
My wife washed mine last night in cold water and I also bathed myself lightly.  It helped a lot. Last night I had one of the best sleeps ever.  Today I get my drains removed and see if I can use the t-shirt method too.

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member
Another thing I noticed is the hair they trimmed around my chest is poking out through the vest. This could be another reason of irritation.  You may want to shave it entirely off.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I have a number of vests and since i had both the chest and the abs done, I have alot of area to cover.

I have been experimenting to see what feels best.

Hands down the most comfortable that I have tried is the compression hook vest from Underworks. I had both an earlier version and they have sent me the lastest and the latest version is longer and much more comfortable. I wear it both with and w/o a tee shirt. You can increase and decrease the compression as needed and it works really well. Easy to hand wash dry and put back on.

I have also been wearing the one piece by Veronique. I bought it though Make Me Heal. Got it over night on a Saturday.

To wear to work with no binding and almost invisible it works pretty well. The cut outs for the groin and ass make me feel like I am in an S&M outfit. Harder to size, but with the right size is very comfortable.

I am having a lot of abdomin pain. I tried to take a walk 10 days out and I got really sore, lots of swelling and pain. I am really anxious to get back to working out and I tried to soon.

Last night before bed I took everything off and rested on the couch for an hour or so. It felt great and when I went to bed I felt like I had less pain and discomfort. Just trying different things to see what works.

I went to see a different doctor this morning and I wore the vest and I am glad I did, as I had to strip and it was a lot easier to get in and out of.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Mr_Nip

The cut outs for the groin and ass make me feel like I am in an S&M outfit.

I'm hurting now because of laughing so much.  ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though, I have a P.S. appointment tomorrow when he's supposed to take out my stitches and discuss what to wear going forward.   I'm going to ask him about several from Underworks, but I was thinking more of the long compression muscle shirt.  I'm flying to Colorado (business/pleasure) next week and I need some COMFORTABLE ones for that trip.  BTW, will all those hooks and zipper set off a metal detector at the airport?  That would suck big time if I had to show those goons what's setting their detectors off.  :-[

Oh, and sorry you are having the extra pain.  I'm finding it difficult to stay still as well.  I had to carry a laptop bag around some today for work.  I'm afraid I'll be showing up for my appointment tomorrow with extra swelling because of it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 10:49:32 AM by Mr_Nip »

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member

Thats the brand I use.. Veronique.  Its pretty good. It sounds like the same as yours as it has 3 size fasteners.   I just put a shirt over it and you cant even tell I have the vest on.  Pretty slick. :)   I've been washing mine everyday and today I took a full nice shower.  Felt so relaxed and great.  I feel normal today.

Nip, i bet those hooks will set it off! Yikes!  I would be embarrassed.  If its a short flight, mayb eyou can take it off and put it back on when you get your baggage?  

Offline NewLifeStartsMay4th

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics
i wonder if after you where the compression vest for a while if an underarmour shirt would work? they are really tight
Surgery may 4th Dr. Metzner New Orleans
http://deuce-po.magix.net/

Offline Mr_Nip

I just ordered three from Underworks.  2 muscle shirts and 1 t-shirt.  Hope I went with the right size.  My chest measures 43 3/4".   The XL starts at 44" and that's what I ordered... Should be at my door tomorrow.  :)

Offline Mr_Nip

I love it.  I got the style 974.  If you guys get one remember they run small.  If you're on the line between large and XL then go with XL or you won't be able to get into it.  Great shirt, though.  What a relief.  :)

Under Armour - My savior from the compression vest.

I'm 3 weeks post op...and the vest could not be more annoying. Although, I'll take 6 weeks of discomfort over a lifetime of embarassment. Anyway, 2 major points of discomfort...1) Hair growing back 2) Raw nipples.

So, one morning I woke up and had a genius idea...try the under armour shirt you wear for sports, Einstein!!! Well, it saved the day. Under Armour is a tight fitting shirt that a lot of athletes wear under their uniforms. Very comfortable, tight fighting, and goes under a compression vest very easily. Well worth the $25. Check out their site...honestly, it's made wearing this vest so much better...
http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail.cfm?site_id=1&dept_id=7&coll_id=200&pf_id=1000039

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024