Author Topic: 3 month update to "puffy nipples"  (Read 5280 times)

Offline house007

I had my 3 month post op visit.  First let me clarify that when I wrote "puffy nipples" I was indeed mainly talking about the areola as I believe this is the problem which most of us are concerned with.  After 3 months there is NO change.  I am the exact same.  Again I had lipo and excision.  I will admit that I am still sore in this area so it's possible that there is still swelling causing them to remain puffy but I doubt it.  Most of you with success said they went flat and stayed flat shortly after surgery.   I asked the PS today and told him I am very concerned.  He then said to give it 3 more months (which I will and have no problem with) but I don't believe time will change things.  At the end of the meeting he then said that he didn't advise going back in because he already did an excision and going back in wouldn't help and may actually lead to abnormal contouring.  I believe he just simply didn't cut enough tissue out and unfortunately my options are to go to someone else or just live with it.   :-/

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks

I had my 3 month post op visit.  First let me clarify that when I wrote "puffy nipples" I was indeed mainly talking about the areola as I believe this is the problem which most of us are concerned with.  After 3 months there is NO change.  I am the exact same.  Again I had lipo and excision.  I will admit that I am still sore in this area so it's possible that there is still swelling causing them to remain puffy but I doubt it.  Most of you with success said they went flat and stayed flat shortly after surgery.   I asked the PS today and told him I am very concerned.  He then said to give it 3 more months (which I will and have no problem with) but I don't believe time will change things.  At the end of the meeting he then said that he didn't advise going back in because he already did an excision and going back in wouldn't help and may actually lead to abnormal contouring.  I believe he just simply didn't cut enough tissue out and unfortunately my options are to go to someone else or just live with it.   :-/

WOW I know how feel.....I am  at 6 weeks and I dont know if mine will go down............I go to the Ps next week and and I may just be upset as when your told a certian time then it should be so........But it seems everone and all Ps's have different ideas on how this works......I had no lipo but he said I did not need it.....I dont what u to feel bad but u have to wonder if we are getting the right thing done??????U should not have to live with it as u whent for it to get fixed and it should be.......How long do we have to wait or is it bull?I would like to belive the Ps's that this will turn out good on the first Op........It just may do so , but your like me wopndering........Who is your Ps?.....................

Let me know how your doing and I wll tell u if I am in the same position............Privet message or right here on posts........

All the best 8)
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

Sounds like he didn't excise enough of the gland out.

Who was your surgeon?

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks

Do u have scar tissue?

This is what my Ps told me is cuasing the puffyness......
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 05:51:21 PM by crow »

Offline kinesic

• Posting Member
First, let me say: Don't Panic. We all really want to be done with our gyne, once and for all, it's very easy to get frustrated with a procedure that should produce instant results but often doesn't.

A couple questions: were your nipples flat immediately after surgery? I gather that's usually a good indication of approximately what they will look like once you've healed completely. Also, do you feel hard tissue underneath your nipples? If you do, and if it's sort of irregular and mostly around the incision line, then it's probably deep scar tissue. The best way to deal with this is to massage it aggressively. I've been doing this, and it's starting to produce good results after about 3-4 weeks.

My nipples also have not instantly flattened like some people's. But I have to say they are starting to show signs of minute improvement. So my advice is to hold out, be patient, and don't despair.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
First, let me say: Don't Panic. We all really want to be done with our gyne, once and for all, it's very easy to get frustrated with a procedure that should produce instant results but often doesn't.

A couple questions: were your nipples flat immediately after surgery? I gather that's usually a good indication of approximately what they will look like once you've healed completely. Also, do you feel hard tissue underneath your nipples? If you do, and if it's sort of irregular and mostly around the incision line, then it's probably deep scar tissue. The best way to deal with this is to massage it aggressively. I've been doing this, and it's starting to produce good results after about 3-4 weeks.

My nipples also have not instantly flattened like some people's. But I have to say they are starting to show signs of minute improvement. So my advice is to hold out, be patient, and don't despair.

no they were not flat right away and I do masage them, but the scar tissue could be the prob or it is galnd still  their.......So I cant tell if it is gland or scar.......

Offline flex1appeal

I had surgery last tuesday and my nipples were flat that day and have remained flat since. Knock on wood. So not sure what to tell you. I'd be concerned and upset myself as you spent a good penny to have this corrected. By no means just "live" with it. That is what you were trying to avoid by having this surgery to begin with, right?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024