Author Topic: Anti-depressants and other drugs  (Read 1908 times)

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
I've been on many antidepressants and medication for my anxiety for almost 13 years. Is it possible that this caused my (unconfirmed) case of gynecomastia? And I guess it's way too late to do anything to reverse this....lol. Never had it until my 20s. Then I started feeling self-conscience about it the most this year.

In addition to chest size, I have Malsama on my forehead and a lot of body hair, including a thick patch on my upper back.

Even if I had my blood taken, I'm sure it wouldn't show anything.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Check out Dr. Bermants site. There is a list of drugs known to contribute to Gynecomastia on his site.
Grandpa Dan

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
I've used five of the medications on his list. Grrr. And of course there's no way to undo the damage.

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
It's just very depressing to think my depression and anxiety caused this, when we all know it works the other way, too. My psychiatrist said I have Body Dsymorphic Disorder only because I posted here a year ago (not the greatest pics) and some members said I looked fine and to live my life. But to me, at 154, and with the ability to squeeze a bunch of fat/tissue/whatever over my chest, is bothersome.

I'll felt better after I met with her but I obsess over stuff and I am constantly touching around them and looking in the mirror at all different angles when I know it's unhealthy habit.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024