Author Topic: gyne? 14 years old  (Read 3968 times)

Offline yhsa2nd

hello i am 14 years old and i went to the doctor who said i have gynecomasita but thats normal for my age. Is it really? by nipples aren't that big but my boobs look big even though i am 5ft 9 in and weigh only 125 lbs. i even have a 6 pack which looks ugly with my moobs... i do bench and everything just doesn't help. recently i noticed they have been changing in size smaller to bigger then bigger to smaller and so on. and if u touch either one of my boobs it hurts like crazy! I have had this for about 2 years do u think this is normal for my age of 14?

Offline as400

• Silver Member
No its not normal for your age, can you post any pics?
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline yhsa2nd

i dont have a camera, but many kids at my school had gyne and some still do but they just had bigger nipples not breasts that are like rock.

Offline msnguy

• Posting Member
How is it not normal? Same age, same problem.

DrBermant

hello i am 14 years old and i went to the doctor who said i have gynecomasita but thats normal for my age. Is it really? by nipples aren't that big but my boobs look big even though i am 5ft 9 in and weigh only 125 lbs. i even have a 6 pack which looks ugly with my moobs... i do bench and everything just doesn't help. recently i noticed they have been changing in size smaller to bigger then bigger to smaller and so on. and if u touch either one of my boobs it hurts like crazy! I have had this for about 2 years do u think this is normal for my age of 14?

Tenderness is a Symptom of Gynecomastia that usually is the result of the hormonal stimulation of the gland.

Being patient helps, in most cases puberty gynecomastia goes away on its own. Gynecomastia that has not resolved by two years typically does not go away.

"How old should you be before considering Gynecomastia Surgery" are very common questions.  What age depends on many factors.  You can find many examples of Picture Gallery of Teenagers before and after Gynecomastia Surgery here.

We have many patients, family members, and parents who have raved how a compression garment can really help while waiting for surgery or until stabilization of a problem.

Body shaping garments are a good temporary contouring solution.  They do not help remove or treat gynecomastia.  When the garment is removed, the gynecomastia is still there.  They can provide an emotional band-aid for the stress of contour issues and bouncing tissues.

There is a theoretical advantage for the person losing weight.  Scars that evolve under pressure do better than scars without pressure.  These garments are designed to help with pressure and scar evolution.  With weight loss, there is the issue of skin shrinkage.  Pressure may help.  However, there are no studies to evaluate such issues.  Trying to design such a study is difficult if not impossible.

You can see actual examples of Compression Chest Contouring Without Surgery for different types of gynecomastia here:

Compression Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

Body Shaping for Puffy Nipples

Body Shaping Compression Contouring for Overweight Male - This one shows the Black Vest in use.

Body Shaper Compression Garment for Severly Obese Male

Check out the multiple views for each patient. Clink on the links to see other views of the garment and features of this design I prefer.  We have tried many other brands and none seem to come close to what this one offers.

After surgery compression garments do not do well in pool water or sea water.  The salt or chlorine can damage the fabric.  There are Sun Protection Clothing Options designed for water use. 

A wet suit can also help.  Using a thin neoprene like Microprene can flatten the chest in water like a compression garment can help on land.  The after surgery garments do not work well in water, the wet suits do.  Both can be hot to wear, that is why I prefer a very thin garment.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Male Breast Reduction

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Note that the Dr said "Being patient helps".

The condition is much more normal than most of us would like to think. As the Dr. also pointed out, the condition resolves without treatment in most cases.

Carefully re-read Dr. Bermants response and be patient. You are not some kind of freak and your condition is not at all abnormal.

It may be time to have a heart to heart talk with your father and/or mother. If the condition is common in your family, you should expect to have the same sort of results as other men in your family.

If the condition does not resolve in the next couple of years, A good surgeon should be of great help. In the meantime, Dr. Bermant has given you some excellent suggestions on how to deal with (or conceal) it.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

Note that the Dr said "Being patient helps".

The condition is much more normal than most of us would like to think. As the Dr. also pointed out, the condition resolves without treatment in most cases.

Carefully re-read Dr. Bermants response and be patient. You are not some kind of freak and your condition is not at all abnormal.

It may be time to have a heart to heart talk with your father and/or mother. If the condition is common in your family, you should expect to have the same sort of results as other men in your family.

If the condition does not resolve in the next couple of years, A good surgeon should be of great help. In the meantime, Dr. Bermant has given you some excellent suggestions on how to deal with (or conceal) it.

Good Luck!
;D

Offline BakedBeanz

• Posting Member
It is normal at your age but with most boys it goes on its own.
Does anyone know where to buy Compression vests from in the UK? please message me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024