Author Topic: Gyno at 18 Question  (Read 2438 times)

Offline L-good

Hey everybody, I'm 18 years old and have had gyno for about a year and a half. I went to the doctor to get it checked out about 8 months ago. He had me do an ultrasound and we confirmed that it was gyno. I was told the classic "It will go away with time" statement, but no luck yet. My main question is: How long should I wait before considering surgery? I'm not sure if my hormones have settled down all the way yet, but I'm getting real tired of waiting.
 I don't want to have go to college with puffy nipples. It's already hard enough having to avoid all the activities that requires no shirts.
 Thanks in advance.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The stock answer is that the condition should be stabilized. That is to say no change for two years.
Grandpa Dan

Offline kaka0077

• Posting Member
Im 19 and I have had gyno for 3-4 years .I decided to do something about it in January this year. I struggled with state hospitals for a half of year until the moment they said its too small to operate (butchers). I finally went to the REAL surgeon and Im having it done 2-3 weeks from now. My suggestion to you is next: go to private hospital and have it done , I know it costs a fortune , luckily my parents will pay for my surgery, but thats the only way . No exercises for this type of gyno. Dont wait for college cos u wont have the time then. Good luck !

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If your gyne and/or puffy nipples has not changed or improved in a two year span, then it is likely that no spontaneous improvement will occur.  It then will be your choice of accepting it or going for surgery -- there really are no other options.

If you do opt for surgery, then make sure you do your homework, visit more than one surgeon for an opinion and choose the most experienced gyne surgeon you can find -- even if it means traveling a bit for the operation.  If the fee is daunting, then work and save for it.  Remember, the results will be there for a lifetime and long after the fee is forgotten.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024