Author Topic: Final post asking questions. Need some help understanding directions to Karidis  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I'm not sure I understand these directions. Frustrating. They don't seem to let me know where I get out.
Can someone help me if I am making a mistake?

I find Heathrow Central Rail Station - which is in or near Heathrow Airport.

There, I take the Heathrow Express to Paddington Railway Station, 16 minutes away.
I get off at Zone "6, 1"?
Then I walk for 8 minutes to the underground section there, and take the Bakerloo Line. I go towards "Elephant and Castle". I get out at Zone 1 - which is Baker St Underground Station?
From here, I take the Jubilee Line towards Stanmore. I get out at Zone 1, 2? What is "Zone 1, 2"?

Then, I'm at St John's Wood and just have to walk the rest of the way?
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Or more simple:

Catch the Picadilly underground line from Heathrow to Green Park, change there onto the Jubilee line to St Johns Wood, the hospital is 2 minutes walk from there.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.pdf
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
have you booked a consultation cellar?

one of the guys on here have just got given a 5 week wait (i think). The underground is complicated to use ... but its very fast and efficent so good luck!

Chancer
8 days to go! 16/05/2009 Dr. Karidis = Cant wait!

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
have you booked a consultation cellar?

one of the guys on here have just got given a 5 week wait (i think). The underground is complicated to use ... but its very fast and efficent so good luck!

Chancer

5 weeks for a consultation!?
Christ.
No I haven't booked it yet. I want to make sure I know how to get there. I have never been to London, and my sense of direction isn't my strong suit.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Or more simple:

Catch the Picadilly underground line from Heathrow to Green Park, change there onto the Jubilee line to St Johns Wood, the hospital is 2 minutes walk from there.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.pdf

Wow. Why didn't the route planner say that instead?

Few questions:
1. Where is the Picadilly underground line - in the airport?
2. Is the fare/ticket a set amount? Or do I need to specify I'm going to Green Park?
3. Where do I get the ticket?

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
You should have booked the consulation first mate, you could have a long wait now

you get underground tickets on the day £5.20 and you can travel anywhere all day. Dont worry many tourists manage to navigate london you wont find it a problem

Chancer

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member

belfastmale

you need to phone them to book a consultation. i booked mine on friday, have to wait till june 30th because i wanted a friday appointment.

Regarding gettin there. When you arrive a heathrow just follow signs for underground/tube. get the piccadilly line to Green Park, change to Jubilee line to St Johns Wood.
If your still worried about where to go just have a look on google maps to get directions

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
hi i am just wandaring how long it normally takes to wait for a consultation. with kardis, also does he do a finance plan or anything. im waiting on some money but i just want to sort this out soon as thanks

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
you need to phone them to book a consultation. i booked mine on friday, have to wait till june 30th because i wanted a friday appointment.

Regarding gettin there. When you arrive a heathrow just follow signs for underground/tube. get the piccadilly line to Green Park, change to Jubilee line to St Johns Wood.
If your still worried about where to go just have a look on google maps to get directions

Hey, many thanks man. I really appreciate that.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
hi i am just wandaring how long it normally takes to wait for a consultation. with kardis, also does he do a finance plan or anything. im waiting on some money but i just want to sort this out soon as thanks

A couple of weeks, I think. Give them an email or call.

To my knowledge he does not do a finance plan.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024