Author Topic: Surgery on 10/13/09, Dr Ananteshwar, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore, India  (Read 5243 times)

Offline agni

I got my surgery done on 13th October at Manipal hospital in Bangalore under Dr. Ananteeshwar. I chose this surgeon after extensive research on this website for a surgeon who has reputation, skill and satisfied patients to list a few parameters. I live in the US and was vacationing in India when I got the procedure done. I'm not from that town so I could have basically gone anywhere in India depending on which Dr. I chose. I had email exchanges with this and other Dr's on my shortlist and based on their responses and my research I went with this Dr.

I reached Bangalore on October 7th and saw the Dr. the same day. The visit with the Dr. was short but the wait was long (that was not an OPD day). He took time to explain the procedure and answered all my questions. I got my blood tests done on the 8th and 9th.  The earliest date I could get was the 13th. I should mention being the HOD of plastic surgery at this popular private hospital of India, Dr. Ananteshwar is an extremely busy surgeon. I would suggest to anyone who's planning a surgery from the US or anywhere else out of town you should communicate with his staff prior to planning your travel to have the shortest stay possible. There's a lot to see and do in and around Bangalore, so it wasn't that bad that I had to wait for available dates. On the flip side, Banaglore is a relatively expensive city in India so the boarding and lodging costs (especially for US comparable facilities) could pile up pretty fast. By the way, there were many other patients who were getting the same procedure done within the time frame I was present there which tells me that he's doing gynecomastia surgeries on almost daily or at least weekly basis.

It was both gland removal and liposuction. Stay on the day of surgery is typical at this facility and he usually discharges the patient on the day after. I, however, chose to stay on the 14th too since I had no help and figured its best I stay there with nurses and other hospital facilities I could avail. I left the hospital on the 15th with drains attached and went back to the hotel I was staying. This place was very close to the hospital and very convenient to stay for the recovery. The staff were great help and the the price was reasonable. I am not putting too much details of the actual surgery experience since it'll be a rehash of what all the other patients on this board have experienced. Mr. trailblazer (hope you dont mind me calling you that), bloregynacomastia, probably has the most detailed account of his experience under this Dr. at the same facility.

The drains are taken out after discharges in each is less than 10 ml. For me this happened on the 17th and I got the drains removed that day. I also left town the same day. I should add that flying with the compression vest and all is uncomfortable but it is SO worth it and a small price to pay.

The cost of the surgery was Rs. 52,000 + 4,500 for initial tests and consultation + 3,500 for 2 compression garments. Thats about US $1300 at the current rate. The costs could be lower as I stayed in the semi private ward and had an additional day of stay. All costs increases exponentially as you choose a higher ward. I'm not including my airfare and other costs related to my stay at Bangalore since that will depend on the circumstances.

I have added two prior pictures and three post-op pictures of my current state. My left side looks relatively bigger compared to the very flat right side but it was bigger to begin with and I suspect I have more muscle mass there. It is still early and hope that it'll change with further time.

I thank members (especially bloregynecomastia ,moobs sucks, hungry tides, freedom.i.desrved) for sharing their experiences and providing valuable feedback along with gynecomestia.org owners and moderators for giving me the courage and direction to go for this surgery.

I would suggest anyone who's contemplating getting the procedure done should take the first step, contact their surgeon of choice and start preparing (financially and mentally). Its been great so far and soon I hope to partake in activities that I had refrained from because of my past condition.

Happy holidays to everyone.

http://yfrog.com/10frontbeforej
http://yfrog.com/12sidebeforej
http://yfrog.com/10frontfhj
http://yfrog.com/0urightsideij
http://yfrog.com/ccleftsidej
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:01:03 PM by agni »

Offline bharat

• Posting Member
Hey.. good to see you pics post surgery. How is the transformation now after couple of years. Is there any visible marks and is your chest is best of the shape?

Offline male breast

• Posting Member
request for gynecomastia readers to comment about mr agnis result.
i underwent surgery at manipal under anantheshwar after this kind of review.
i also got the similar result.
as per my assessment he is having crater/inverted nipple/asymetry/bad scar of surgery as well as drain ie worst result.
my kind request people to send late results and compare the result with the best in the world.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024