Author Topic: Gynecomastia in chennai  (Read 6806 times)

Offline Surviver99

• Posting Member
Hello everyone. I have had gynecomastia condition since i was around 12 years old. I have just finished college and my only aim as of now is to finish the surgery and move on with my life. I am under a lot of mental stress and i have not been able to concentrate either in my personal life or my career. Simple everyday tasks are a challenge for me and my life at the moment is at a complete dead end. I have decided to consult a doctor and i would like to undergo the surgery in chennai. Since chennai has some of the best doctors,it would work out well for me.

Please help me with :-

1. Which doctor to consult-Dr. Ramachandran, Dr. Murugesan, Dr.S.Arumugam (Practising at apollo), Dr.M.M.Thirumalai Vasan or Dr. Pablo Neruda. (or if you have any other doctor in mind)

2. Experience or feedback on apollo hospitals chennai.

3. Some tips as to what to ask the doctor regarding surgery, risk involved, goals etc.

4. Personal experience of any fellow member of gynecomastia surgery in Chennai.

I know this is a very long query but it will really change my life if anyone would take the time to answer.

Thank You. :'(

Offline Surviver99

• Posting Member
Hello Mobile King. Thanks for your message. Great to see someone from Coimbatore. What I would suggest is you should think about doing your surgery here in Chennai. I am trying to find out as much as i can about various doctors and hospitals..Until then ill keep you posted.

See you soon.

Offline Surviver99

• Posting Member
Hello Member's !

I am very happy today as i have undergone surgery. I am now free from gynecomastia. Trust me guys, this feeling is not comparable to anything else in the world. You feel just top of the world after coming out of the operation theater. Since many members have shared their experiences on this forum, id like to share my experience as well for the benefit of all sufferers.

I first decided to consult Dr.Ramachandran at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai since many members on this forum had positive reviews about him. Unfortunately my meeting with Mr.Ram was not satisfactory. He seemed like a man in a rush. From the start, it was all happening a little too fast for my liking. He was like "ok.You have gyne. First you have to meet an endocrinologist, then based on his reports i will decide what has to done, meet him today, this is his address..go there, then come back..then do this then do that..but sir i have a few questions...no questions, this is what has to be done..do you follow me..?...but sir..no buts,just go and get the tests done and after the results come we will have to do the surgery fast...or else the reports will go waste...but sir my doubts..?..i have already explained everything, what doubts you have..? this has to be done..thats it..dont you understand..?"

No doubt Dr.Ramachandran is one of the best doctors at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai. But for GYNECOMASTIA,a personal rapport with your doctor is just as much important as the doctors degrees and experiences. I am in no way trying to criticize Dr.Ramachandran in any way. I am merely sharing my experience for others to benefit from it. Throughout the meeting i was only listening to what he had to say. What i mean to say is me being the patient, i should talk about my problems, what can i expect from the surgery, will there be any scarring, what precautions should i take, can i see previous patients pictures, how much will the surgery cost me...but i could not raise any of these questions as Dr.Ram was very keen on finishing everything very quickly. He was like a desperate salesman trying to sell something to me.

Then immediately after this meeting i decided to find someone else for my surgery. I did a lot of research but could not find anybody as experienced as Dr.Ram. After a few days I stumbled upon another person, Dr.Vasan of Apollo cosmetic, Chennai. At first i wasn't very impressed as there is very limited mention of him on this forum. I decided to give it a try and after my first meeting with him i was so impressed that i stopped doing all my research and was ready to finally undergo the surgery. He listened to me with utmost patience and answered all my doubts in detail and with honesty. At first i thought that he is not experienced enough but later he showed me before after pictures of some of his patients and he also told me that he performs this surgery everyday. I told him clearly that i wanted a complete flat chest with minimum scarring and he immediately assured me that my chest will be 100% flat guaranteed. And now after the surgery i can vouch for it.

The best benefit of undergoing surgery under Dr. Vasan is he does not do the surgery alone. He performs all his surgeries in a partnership with Dr.Murugesan...thats right..!!! Dr.Murugesan the most experienced surgeon in chennai. So you get the benefit of of two expert surgeons by paying only for one.

I underwent surgery on the 6th of august 2012..Again to sum up I am not suggesting that Dr. Vasan is good and Dr.Ram is not good. Bottom line is that i had a very good rapport with Dr.Vasan who is very experienced, listens to patients concerns and performs all his surgeries with Dr.Murugesan.

You can contact Mr. Vasan through apollo cosmetic clinic, chennai.
Please share your feedback and queries.Thank You

Offline darkheaven

• Posting Member
Congrats Surviver99!! i also done surgery on aug 1 2012. Goodluck bro.

Offline male breast

• Posting Member
thanks for sharing your experience.
1.i feel you took a risk by selecting a very young surgeon[as per your explanation]instead of proven surgeon/as per my experience the final result after a year will count more than pleasantness/or 100% assurance about flat chest.experienced surgeons will never assure 100% result.
2.as per their website /sources they are father and son,may be two different surgeons.one of my friend visited father 2 years back/in view of health issues he told he is not doing all the surgeries.

any way,by your good result this site is getting one more recommended surgeon/pl share your photos after 6 months..

best wishes

Offline Surviver99

• Posting Member
Hello Members!!!

It has been more than one year since i have had my surgery. One year and 15 days to be exact. I can assure all members that there hasn't been any sort of reformation or regrowth so far. I am very happy and satisfied with Dr. Vasan's work. He no doubt lacks in experience but in my experience sometimes senior doctors get carried away by their status and knowledge. I know how horrible this disease is. I will never reccomend an inefficient or incapable doctor to my fellow sufferers. I can guarantee that DR.T.VASAN OF APPOLLO COSMETIC CHENNAI is a good doctor and more so an even better human being. I do not want to reveal my name or identity because of personal reasons but you can easily cross check that I am a genuine patient of Dr.Vasan. If any of you go for a consultation with Dr.Vasan just mention this site to him and ask him who introduced this site to him for the first time. He will immediately remember me and my experience. And last but not the least I apologize to my fellow members for being inactive for a long time.

Offline RVSH87

Hi,

How much did you spend for the surgery?
Did you have drains?
How long was it before you got back to intense physical activity? (like running, lifting weights)

Do reply at the earliest.

Offline Krishnahande

Gynecomastia surgery is done at Hande Hospital - Shenoynagar. We have found that when we do it as a day care procedure - there are problems like soakage of the dressing etc. We have found that keeping a suction drain for a couple of days gives the best results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024