Author Topic: Surgery Experience with Dr. Delgado in Novato  (Read 1511 times)

Offline BAWB944

I wanted to post my surgery experience with Dr. Delgado, but first I want to thank everyone else for posting their surgery experience.  In the weeks leading up to my surgery I was extremely nervous, and had never had surgery before.  Everyone's stories and input help put me at ease, so thank you all.  This forum is part of the reason I went through with the surgery, so the least I can do is share my experience.
I started noticing my gynecomastia when I was 14.  I went to see a dermatologist because my nipples were getting puffy.  She told me that it was common during puberty for the nipples to swell up and get puffy, and then go back to normal after puberty ended.  Obviously that didn't happen.
After saving up money for the operation, I made a consultation with Dr. Delgado last month.  You can tell just by talking to him and how calm and confident he is that he is incredibly knowledgeable.  After he told me what his surgery consists of, I scheduled surgery for a month later.
I had surgery 9/12/16 in Novato, Ca location.  Before surgery I changed into a gown and waited on a chair in an exam room.  All the nurses I encountered were extremely nice and they all help put me at ease because I was super nervous.  One of the nurses came back in and gave me and pill and some foul tasting liquid to drink with it.  In about a half hour I felt super mellow.  I actually fell asleep for a minute and dreamed about Spider-Man fighting the rhino on a rooftop.
The Nurse came in and woke me up and asked, "Do you feel like you've had a couple drinks?".  I said, "yes".  At that point she walked me to the bathroom and had me empty my bladder.  After that she walked me to the operating room.  She helped me lay on the operating bed/table and asked me a couple more questions.  The last thing I remember is the anesthesiologist inserting the I.V. and Dr. Delgado looking through the window of the operating door.
I barely remember waking up and being put in the recovery bed and the nurse telling me not to use my arms.  I had absolutely no pain, I was just really out of it.  After a couple hours they let me leave with my caretaker they recommended (Her name is Michelle and she's one of the most amazing people I have met in my life).  The worst part about the first night is trying to sleep upright.  I was taking my pain meds so I still had no pain.
The next day, still no pain, but I had to drive home after the caretaker left. Driving was not fun, not painful, but definitely not fun.  The next few days sucks with the drains, you can't move well and it sucks emptying them every few hours and documenting it.  My biggest problem with this whole experience was sleeping in a recliner.  I really didn't have much pain at all.
Today I had my first follow up appointment since the surgery and saw my chest for the first time.  It's not even healed yet and it looks amazing.  Dr. Delgado did an incredible job.  I'm still pretty bruised, but can already say that it was already worth every penny.  I can't wait to see what it looks like when its healed.  Dr. Delgado really is a master of his craft, I am so glad that I had the surgery with him and would highly recommend him to anyone considering this surgery.  After I saw my chest for the first time I had to get my drains pulled out, which I was terrified of doing because of all the stories I read of how painful it is.  To be 100% honest I didn't even feel them come out until the nurse told me each one was out.  I only had an itching sensation immediately after she pulled each one out.  
If anyone has any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.  I have to apologize for no before and after pictures.  I get really squeamish when it comes to injury.  I know I said I loved my results but because there's and incision and bruising.  It's hard for me to look at let alone take a picture of.  I will post some pictures when it is all healed.  Again thank you to everyone on this site for posting your experiences, they really helped in me making my decision to go through with this.  There's also a Youtube channel made by a member in this forum where he documented his entire experience with Dr. Delgado, and that's what ultimately gave me the courage to finally make the consultation.  Thank you all.

Offline chifer

• Posting Member
Your story (and teen experiences) reminds me so much of mine! Also, your philosophy on returning the favor by sharing your experience is the exact same attitude I had to share mine. I refrained from driving for about 2.5 weeks (especially as in Europe, we drive a stick...)

May I ask you around what age you are (i.e., how long you've had gynecomastia before deciding to go for surgery)?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024