Author Topic: Advice needed..  (Read 2067 times)

Offline ParkedOutside

• Posting Member
Hello all,

Long time sufferer here. You all know the story.

So I'm looking at booking some consultations for VASER lipo, and I was wondering if anyone had heard from or experienced any of the following??

- Harley body clinic
- Hans place practice
- Riverbanks wellness

And further to the above, I see Karidis is very popular here, does he also do VASER? Or is it an old school operation?

I have recently had to turn down several amazing job opportunities abroad because they were in hot countries, and yet another opportunity has come up and I've decided to do something about it. Like a couple of other recent posters in here (neverlookback, sawyer) I'm not as badly affected as some people, and if the nipples are erect, and I'm topless, it could almost pass for pecs. But wearing a tshirt in any state is just embarrassing, and even a jumper isn't enough to hide it.

As well as any feedback on the places above, I want to ask a few questions, so if anyone can answer that would be great:

1- Will permanently moving countries within 3-4 months of the operation be a bad idea? I know the post-op after care visits are usually booked 6/8 weeks post op..

2- I have a skiing trip booked mid March, would this kind of exercise be a bad bad idea only 10 weeks post op? What is the minimum you should wait?

3- For people who have done VASER, how bad is the scarring of the incissions? The more recent pictures I see on here look great but not sure if they're VASER or not.

Thank you for reading

I will of course be asking these questions at the consultations as well.

F

Offline ParkedOutside

• Posting Member

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
I'm only 4 days post op with karidis, but I think 3-4 months after surgery is plenty of time to heal and therefore you shouldn't have any issues with moving to another country!

Regarding the skiing trip, I know with Karidis your advised to do no contact sport for at least 4 weeks after the surgery!

Not sure if karidis is vaser! I know he promotes that technology on his site but couldn't tell you if it's what he does for the gyne surgery! He does a mixture of lypo and gland removal. The gland is pulled out from small incisions under the nipple!

Offline ParkedOutside

• Posting Member
Thanks!
I called up today and he has availability in Jan so that's an option especially if he only advises no sports for 4 weeks. Although skiing is different as it's like 5-8 hours a day and it's quite a lot of arm and chess work if you're on a flat surface.
There's also Ravi Jain and Vik Vijh I could go to for a Dec surgery I guess...not sure if they are a step below Karidis or not? This forum seems to be all about Karidis..

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
4 weeks should be fine but hopefully someone who is beyond 4 weeks post surgery will respond, and they'll have first hand experience of how the felt! I play a lot of football so it was on on the first things I asked the nurse after the operation!

To be honest I don't know much about any of the other surgeons you mention, obviously I've heard of them before during my research!

I originally was going to use a surgeon near where I live but reading through these forums I discovered that karidis was popular and I wanted to give myself the best chance of success if I'm spending the money!

He does these operations al the time. On the day of my surgery he did a total of 5 surgeries... 4 of which were for gynecomastia. So he's very experienced and knows the type of results we're looking for!

But I'm sure the other surgeons you mention are also great!

Offline Chief Brody

• Bronze Member
Most people tend to return to light physical activity (cardio) about 2 weeks post op and hit the weights after a month or so. You should be absolutely fine with that skiing trip 10 weeks after surgery. I'm currently 12 days post op and it  still feels tight when I stretch my arms out to the side or overhead but the pain has all but gone. My chest still is bruised and swollen but appears to be improving as each day passes.

I opted to use Karidis for a couple of reasons, namely the feedback on this site and his consultation. When I first met the guy I just felt comfortable that he was the man for the job - calm, reassuring, professional and obviously a man highly confident in his own ability. He told me plenty of surgeons out there will do liposuction and gland excision, some even a couple of thousand pounds cheaper but they'll do 2 or 3 procedures a year. Karidis averages well over 100 so he is highly experienced and has likely seen all forms of gyno including the most extreme cases. Cost was never an issue for me, £5k is a lot of money but I wanted the best.  

Offline ParkedOutside

• Posting Member
Thanks both! Yes maybe skiing will be fine but one bad fall... I guess I should just bite the bullet and do a consultation with him. £150 to know for sure.

So you're nearly at 2 weeks post Karidis? Do you think you could do light cardio? How bad is the bruising and scarring? Did you post pics in a thread?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024