Author Topic: trying to find right size bra  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
trying to find right size bra . if i go to fit charts  it shows bigger cup size than I think I am used to fit 40c good now 46 band with 50 bust

bikerbob

I mentioned this in another post, but it may make a difference whether it is an underwire or non wired bra.  When you scoop everything into an underwire, you may be surprised at how big a cup you fill while the same size bra in a non wired model seems way too big because it doesn't do anything with the underarm boob.  My wife wears the same size in wired and non wired but I don't.  We have similar volume but it is distributed differently.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
do you have a brand that you like or recommend

bikerbob

If you ask 50 guys on this forum that question you will get 50 different answers and at least half of them will disagree with my opinion. 
That said, I have a Fruit of the Loom Extreme Comfort underwire I like a lot.  Most department stores carry them and they are relatively inexpensive but I think they are decent quality for the cost.  Once you get past a 40 band, the smallest cup available is a C but they don't look baggy if you are a little smaller than that.  The hooks and strap adjusters will show through a T shirt.
I personally think pullover leisure or low impact sports bras are a good starting point.  Fruit of the Loom, Hanes, Rhonda Shear and probably others have these.  My personal favorite is the Rhonda Shear Ahh Bra.  I have 6 of them.  They do compress your breasts a bit but not as much as a sport bra and I find them OK for every day wear.  If you are larger than a C cup, they probably aren't for you but they are a good starting place.  They stop things from jiggling and nobody can tell you are wearing it, which is the main reason I like them.  About 90% of the guys on this forum prefer underwires so this post will  be followed by several advising you that pullovers are uncomfortable and to be avoided at all costs.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 12:01:56 PM by felix »

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I think you have to try on different brands and styles to see what suits your needs.  As Felix said, a lot of men, including myself, wear an underwire bra a majority of the time.  Felix feels that pullover leisure bras work best for him, which is great.   Be open to whatever bra will work for you.  There’s no right or wrong.   Let us know how your search is going

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I am not really worried about a bra showing hooks and adjusters I dont care what people see or think. My breasts are very noticible as it is and and I have prominent nipples that show all the time now so I am not worred about a bra.you can notice my breasts and nipples even with a flannel shirt on

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
It is hard to find something in 46c I dont like the lacy bras when I was a 40c I could find all I wanted some sites say go to  a 44 but i think that will be too tight and make fat rolls my best bra I had was a 40c open cup bra. I guess I will just have to keep looking and trying.it was Ironic , iused to go to the beach with no top or shirt I could go topless with my 40c and women cant

bikerbob

A lot of us here order from herroom.com.  Their web site is easy to use, you can set it to filter by size, and they don't have a problem selling to men.  I checked and they show 147 bras in 46C.  If you aren't worried about concealing the bra, that widens the field quite a bit.  You are definitely in underwire territory.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
oh yea thats for sure

Offline JKing

• Posting Member
You can try Leading Lady. They have larger band sizes with smaller cups. Those hard to find 42 and up A and B cups. 

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
It is hard to find something in 46c I dont like the lacy bras when I was a 40c I could find all I wanted some sites say go to  a 44 but i think that will be too tight and make fat rolls my best bra I had was a 40c open cup bra. I guess I will just have to keep looking and trying.it was Ironic , iused to go to the beach with no top or shirt I could go topless with my 40c and women cant
Rich, that is funny that we can walk around with breasts bigger than most women and don’t have to cover up.  After wearing a bra for a year and a half, I’ve decided that I’d like to wear something on top for swimming instead of a t shirt.  I didn’t expose myself much before at pools or beaches.  I’m looking into wearing a tankini for swimming.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I like to take notice who is bigger me or them. read an article that a bra is ment to support breasts  if men have breasts they should and need to wear a bra.I see women that dont need to wear one and they still do so if a man has breasts he should too I have read comments that tell men to wear one if they are having issues. my step daughter told my wife that mine are as big as hers. I dont ret ro hide mine and I am not embarresed to have them or show them off

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I like the looks of the hanes and fruit of the loom. dont need or want all that lace and such

Offline SideSet

Suggest you get a bra fitting. 

Nice of your step daughter to give you that compliment. 

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
just ordered.  4 Rhonda Shear bras, good start

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024