Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Elliot Jacobs  (Read 7324 times)

Offline cxmpsu2006

I had surgery with Dr Elliot Jacobs in February 2006 and it was one of the best decisions of my life.  A little over 5 years ago I discovered the root cause for why my body had become so sick, I had a large tumor in my pituitary called a prolactinoma.  Because of the tumor I had gained weight, suffered from decreased secondary characteristics, and become a gynecomastia victim.  Gynecomastia is a horrible condition, not just from what it does to you physically but from what it does to you mentally.  I would never take my shirt off in public, avoided beaches and pools, and even began to avoid people and social situations (some of this was also due to my pituitary tumor).  I am happy to report I have now been recovering for 5 years both mentally, physically, and socially from the tumor.  The tumor is now under control and barely visible via an MIR and I take medications to keep all hormones under control.   As for the Gynecomastia surgery was my only cure.  Dr. Jacobs provided great surgical results and great care.....he understands the condition as he also suffered.  Dr. Jacobs is one of the most trusted and highly recommended Doctors you will find.  Don't let cost determine your surgeon, this is your life you are changing!  Dr. Jacobs changed my life, thank you Dr. Jacobs.  www.plasticsurgeonnewyork.com

Offline Knight1982

• Posting Member
My dad made an appointment for me for this upcoming Friday to see Dr. Elliot Jacobs. This guy is really good from what I hear and I anxiously wanna hear what this guy has to say about my case. The consultation fee is going to be $150 they told me on the phone but it's gonna be well worth it I think. I think when he sees me and see how severe my condition is compared to most of his patients I'll assume he'll be talking costs around $10,000+. I've seen his picture gallery on his site and I think mine is worse than his most severe case. I'm making the trip to NY from Philly and hopefully I'll come back with some good info on what he can do and how much it's gonna be. I've been waiting since 1993 for this....

Offline jersey

• Posting Member
best of luck to you...i had surgery with dr jacobs 6 weeks ago.  the man is an artist.  it has changed my life.  just remember it is a long recovery process.  i get happier and happier with each days passing, because the swelling gets less and less.  

Offline njknight

• Silver Member
  • I have gyno?  Doo!!!!!!
Good luck!  I have my consultation with Dr Jacobs on Aug 18th.  I hope to schedule the surgery asap after the consultation.  Let me know how things go if you get it before me.

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
I had my surgery performed by Dr. Elliot Jacobs on June 6, 2006.  He is the best of the best.  He will change your life, guy's.  He definitely changed mine!  Dr. Jacob's YOUR the best!

Any furthur question about Dr. Jacobs feel free to ask me.

-Oleska-
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline Youngboi

• Posting Member
I have a question. Im 16 and my gyno is here to stay - im sure of it. Its been longer then 3 years and its not going away. Anyhow if i want to see Dr Jacobs and i pay 150$ and we decide to wait a year will i have to pay him another 150$ in a year. Stupid question i know but 150 is a lot just for him to look at me. And it seems a waste of money if he is just going to tell me to wait until im 18 or something.

Offline jersey

• Posting Member
i had a consultation a while back and paid the 150...then i put the surgery off hoping not to have it.  i then decided to go ahead with the surgery about 8 months later.  they told me to come back in for another consultation and they waived the consult fee.

Offline njknight

• Silver Member
I had a consultation with Dr Jacobs about two years ago and put off surgery due to money issues.  Now I have decided that my self estemm is worth paying a little over $100 a month to finance.  I pay four times that for my car and all it does is get me around.  Well, when I called to set appt I did have to schedule another consult, but it was due to length of time not sure what policy is.  Email the office.  Jen who is hios office manager has been great always returns emails quickly and answers all my questions.  I can't wait for the surgery I will post pre & post op pics.

Offline Knight1982

• Posting Member
I was reading all the paperwork that he sent me and I think it says that the estimate is good for like 6 months. So if you decide to wait longer than 6 months, most likely it will be more expensive than the quote. I just gotta keep saving right now so I can get enough for my surgery on November 16th. I also gotta try to find a hotel in the area to stay at for the night after surgery so he can examine me and then I can go hop on 2 trains back to Philly.

"And here we go, life's waiting to begin....."
-Angels & Airwaves "The Adventure"

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
I stayed at the Yorkshire Towers.  Most of the time, people rent out room's in their apartments, usually the master bedrooms for GOOD deals.  Plus, the Yorkshire Towers are real close to Dr. Jacobs' office.  I walked there and back from his office before the surgery. That's how close it is to his office.

I stayed there for a total of 4 nights.  The total bill rang up to be about 400 dollars.

I traveled all the way from Arizona, so it was hard for for me to find a close hotel for a good deal.  If you want more information, just ask me.  I'm going to try to find the place I stayed at. IT WAS NICE.

-Oleska-

Offline njknight

• Silver Member
Here we go.  Well had my second consultation with Dr Jacobs.  The surgery is scheduled for Sept 5th.  I can not wait!  Next summer no shirt, no shame.  Honeymoon in the tropics.  Post pics as soon as it's all over.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024