Author Topic: Just had surgery  (Read 7585 times)

Offline anonymous44

im new to these boards and have been reading other users posts for a while now. I always thought there was something wrong with me and that i wasnt normal. Then one day my mom was watching this special on the learning channel. Ever since then, I did my research on gynecomastia and it led me to these boards. I must say I would never have been able to go through with surgery if it wasnt for these boards. But here I am about 15 hours post-op and feelling good (although a litlle sore). Im in Vancouver and my surgery was done by Dr. Denis Morris. He seems like a great guy who knows what he was doing. After the surgery I had to spend 1 hour in the recovery room and then 2 hours in the day care before i was able to go home. The hardest part about the surgery is getting in and out of bed. Other than that its not too bad, I havent even taken a pain killer yet.

Well i just hope that the surgery goes as planned and i can be rid of this condition forever!

Offline anonymous44

Can anyone who has gone through the surgery process befoer please let me knwo waht to expect. Right now im rally stiff and the compression vest is really uncomfortable. I guess im wondering how long will it be before I can get back to normal (with a normal chest :))

any help is appreciated.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I just had surgery also. Im 1 day post op now, going on 2. I feel the the siffness also, as well as the trouble of getting out of bed. I am dreading when its time to take a crap, because I don't think I have enough flexability to reach back there to wipe. ;D
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
i didn't have too much stiffness, just alla round soreness.  i couldn't sleep on anything but my back for about 8-10 days, which was the only reason i took pain pills, so i could sleep, damn that's uncomfortable!  maybe i just don't remember, but if anything i'd say maybe a day or 2 of hard stiffness?

Offline California Man

• Posting Member
Things really started to feel MUCH better on my fourth day after surgery.  Every day was better, but I specifically remember thinking on the fourth day that I was on my way to recovery!!

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
I hear that,the second and third day we're bad,the fpourth on was when i stated to feel good again,I'm 1 month post -op now and not really sore , itchy more than anything...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline vaio

Jon Q,
are you still wearing the compression vest?

Offline noMas

• Posting Member
  • now Gyne Free!
i think the recovery process is pretty ez.  id say the 2nd -4th day were the worst for me..but even that wasnt too bad, just soreness and lack of strength mostly..on the 3rd day i had to drive an hr to the dr's office to get my drains removed so it really wasnt too bad.  im now 4months post op and feeling great..the only thing you have to worry about in the next coming months is the scar tissue  :-/
Bi-lateral Excision w/lipo 11.8.04

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
How long does it take after post op for the scar tissue to go away? Also, how long (average) for you to be fully heal up completely after surgery. ???
$1000 saved
$4500 needed for "freedom!"(vaio mb.).

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
i'm almost 5 months post op and still have some hard scar tissue, they said up to a year but i'm about 90% of the way there at 5 months, so I'd expcet 7-8 months....but it's different for everyone.

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
Can you do phyiscal stuff at five mouths post op? Like for ex. lift weights, push-ups, jog etc.. just wondering because i work out alot.

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
i was running and lifting (5 times a week for 2 hours) after 2 weeks....i ran a 1/2 marathon 2 1/2 months after surgery.  so yes -- i think you can do it after 5 months  ;D

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
Vaio-i didnt really have a compression vest,
       I had 2 tensor bandage's wrapped around    
       me covering foam padding on each       ,this came off after about 7-10 days...

Offline vaio

Can you do phyiscal stuff at five mouths post op? Like for ex. lift weights, push-ups, jog etc.. just wondering because i work out alot.

Im 1 week and 1 day post op and I want to work out soooo bad but I cannot. It sucks. You heal so quick especially if ou are in you teens or early 20's. Im going to a concert tomorrow also. I have no pain now! Just itchyness.

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
That is what I want to hear vaio. I don't want to be down for to long.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024