Author Topic: Surgery Today  (Read 3282 times)

Offline mrjones101

Hello all.  Had lipo performed today & I have not taken off the bandages or the compression vest yet & will not for another day. I have been reading the many postings about people being very happy with their results initially & then as the weeks pass by the results seem to not be as great as originally thought due t scar tissue & swelling.
 I guess I am nervous to look at the results because I do not want to get my hopes up &  then watch as my chest slowly goes back to where it use to be. So I am looking for some positive feedback about other peoples surgery end results & recoveries.
Thanks,

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Today marks 1 week post op for me, and all's well.  I'm in the same boat as you, though, wondering if and when things are going to turn around with swelling, etc.
I'm reading posts from a lot of people who say their appearance is good at first, gets worse over the next month or two, then slowly gets better again as the healing follows its course.  Then again some people don't seem to have the later swelling so bad and their scars fade quickly.  I hope we're both in that group.  ;)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline mrjones101

I hope we are both in that group as well!  Its been one week for you & results have not changed much?  I'll keep my fingers crossed...
Cannot wait to take off the bandages the tape under the vest is extremely itchy! Did the first shower hurt /sting over the incision point?  
I guess the only thing we can do to aid positive results is to keep the vest on & use this Arnica Relief cream the Dr recommended.
We shall see what happens!!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
No, the shower didn't hurt my incision at all.  It made the rest of me feel (and smell) a LOT better though.  :)

Offline mrjones101

Removed bandages today & I have to say of the entire surgery this was the most painful part!  I found it easiest to cut out the gauzed sections and then just jump in the shower with the tape still on. The water made the tape ALOT less adhesive!
My results are pretty phenomenal & I am just so excited and pleased with the results so far.  Now it is just a waiting game to see if the swelling comes and then goes.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Thats great news! Who was your Surgeon?

Offline mrjones101

My Surgeon was Dr. Jacobs in Manhattan.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024