Author Topic: Did I make the right decision?  (Read 3252 times)

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
Hey guys,
I was meant to have lypo today to remove the fatty tissue under my nipples - there is no glandular tissue there. I was expecting to see a consultant (sorry, im from the UK. I think a consultant is the same as a US attending) plastic surgeon but was seen by a senior registrar (level below a consultant/attending) instead. He said he would carry out the operation, inserting the 2 lypo tubes outside of the areolar. I told him that ive read that extra-areolar incision increases the risk of hypertrophic scarring (im asian too which doesnt help matters) http://www.rcsed.ac.uk/journal/vol43_2/4320006.htm
So the registrar then said he would do it through the areolar but admitted he's never done it before. I wasnt confident in him to said i wanted the consultant and that i would wait.
5 hours later, the registrar comes back to me and says that the consultant is tied up with an emergency case and wouldnt be able to operate on me today. But the registrar again offered to do it, saying that whether the incision is moved 5 cm to the border of the nipple makes no difference. I was really confused about what to do but decided to wait another 2 weeks for another slot on May 3rd with the same consultant. Just wondering what your guys views are on the decision i made? It's frustrating to think I could be recovering right now with my gyno gone!
Thanks.

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member
I think 100% the right decision - I guess that really puts you on the spot and under pressure but I would have made the same decision esp as he said he had not done this before. I think this operation is alot about experience and knowing the difference between taking out too much or too little

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
thanks guys, my op is in 4 days!! hope it all goes well.

Offline Vrocker

• Posting Member
Good luck and yes definatly you made the right decision the last thing you want to do is have a surgery you aren't comfortable with.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024