Author Topic: Going Private  (Read 2122 times)

Offline creative

• Bronze Member
Hi,

I happen to have grade ii bilateral gyno. I reported this problem to my GP last year (19 at the time) and after much delay (usual NHS malarkey) they have come back and refused me  ???

So anyway, it looks like i will have to go private. Money isn't an issue luckily (although would've liked to have spent that money on a car or something! lol) but i'm being quoted £4000 by BUPA. Is this a realistic figure? I was expecting £2500-3500.

I can appeal against the NHS' decision (still not sure why they've refused me to be honest) but its getting to that stage now where all of my teens and school life has been wasted on this rubbish and university now as well. Just need it to end  ::)

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
hey dude,

if money isn't an absolute roadblock, then i'd say go for it!....

personally, i have surgery coming up in canada that's going to run me around $6500... is it money i have? not really.. will it be worth? i think so....  i'd rather have no gyne, no matter the cost

Offline creative

• Bronze Member
Well...this is my thinking too. I don't see the point of saving money if you can't spend it on yourself (i mean literally, not material things). And anyway, money can always be re-earnt...lost time cannot. I think that's what frustrates me more than gyne itself.

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
£4k seems the going rate mate.

I suffered for nearly 20 years and missed out on too many things. If you have the money then I wouldn't give it a second thought!

I guarantee it's the best £4k you'll ever spend too  ;D

Good luck
Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024