Author Topic: Pot Smokers Survey  (Read 5974 times)

Offline JeffJ

• Posting Member
Im very intersted in finding out the percentage of men who smoke pot and suffer w/ Gynecomastia VS the percent of men who dont smoke.
Are there any statistics which may show this?

And how many of you do smoke pot??
Thanks,
Jeff

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
I've never smoked pot, don't drink or use any other kind of drug.

Offline JeffJ

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies:
Ive smoked pot daily for years too (Im 35) and not only that but I take klonopin (actually the generic clonazipam), paxil and abilify. I only developed Gyn. about 2 years ago, but I suppose the cause is irrelevent if the only hope is surgery.
Jeff

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
never smoked pot, got puffy nips. now im never gonna get to try pot because im getting my surgery so i dont want it to come back.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline beigedickies

• Posting Member
never smoked, still got gyne

Offline l3rl4n

• Posting Member
just came...  no smoking involved...   >:( >:( >:(

Offline Recreating

• Bronze Member
I've done a lot of drugs (teenage years, go figure)
My gyne popped up right around the same time as I did most of it, I consider it just an unfortunate coincidence.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
tried it, but first smoke was maybe 8 years after i got gyne, no connection for me...

love beer, but again, only drank way after getting gyne...i think adolescent gyne just happens  (from what i've been reading), doesn't really need a trigger, just hormones out of whack (which is what puberty is all about)...can't speak for gyne first showing up when your passed puberty, that sounds like it is triggered by stuff u put in your body (ie steroids, pot)....

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I've had Gynecomastia since early puberty which was approx 1949.  Surgery was virtually non-existant in those days.

Toronrto, I suspect that you have a good understanding of the situation,  The number of boys who develop some degree of gynecomastia in early puberty is debatable with some estimates running well over 60%. The number of young men who have their gynecomastia 'self resolve' is likewise a subject for debate.  Adult onset Gynecomastia is almost always due to something screwing up the hormones.  There are many potential causes, including drugs (street or prescription) or disease,  either way it should be reason enough to see a Doctor.  Attempting to self diagnose and Treat without competent medical supervision is dangerous and not quite bright.

Sometimes, Gynecomastia simply runs in the family.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Spleen

I smoked pot regularly for years, but I had the teats well before I ever smoked a J.  I've smoked very rarely the last 5 years and have seen no change.  

Offline rcbrown23

I smoke probably once a month or so. Drink a lot, though.

Gyne came before ever started smoking.

Offline hope1

• Posting Member
had mine since I was 12, never did pot.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
I got gyne when I was 12 and I never smoked pot till I was 15 or so...so there no connection between the 2 for me...Now I just like to have the odd beer or 10... ;D
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Got Gyne at about 10 or 11. First J was in Highschool. Up until about 6 months ago, drank regularly.... No connection with  chemicals...

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Now I just like to have the odd beer or 10... ;D

;D ;D ;D   Good one Dude!

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024