Author Topic: My original post, now with pics  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Knight1982

• Posting Member
Here is my original post:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1124604143
 Here are pictures. I'm 23 years old, 5' 10", 225 lbs. Large framed guy. Is my case considered severe? I'm still really confused, scared, and nervous about what I should do. $4153 for the procedure my doc said.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I would say moderate -severe. It is not the worst I have seen.

Don't worry about being nervous or scared at least you have posted your pics which is more than I can do even though mine are much better since I started getting fit.

You are generally overweight firstly so I would get that sorted first and get down to an normal BMI for your height. If they have not changed much I would look at seeing a PS .Also maybe see an endo to make sure there is nothing hormonal going on.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 03:51:01 AM by Worrier »

Offline Knight1982

• Posting Member
I've already seen all the docs and talked to them about it. I'm basically at the final stage of actually getting the nerve to do something about it. I'm just really nervous. I'm afraid I might not wake up from anesthesia or something else drastic. I've had very bad luck for a very long time with lots of things, and I can see something happening to myself if I do something about this. I just don't know what to do. I can get a loan to pay for it, it's just I need the nerve to do it. How do you even wake up from anesthesia anyway? You awake when they give you something to wake you up at a certain time or does it just wear off and you awake on your own? Knowing my luck I'd probably wake up during the middle of the procedure and freak out by seeing people operating on me and have a heart attack or something...

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Knight - There's some really good threads here about anesthesia.  The anesthesiologist is probably going to be in the room the whole time monitoring you and several of your body functions.  I can't guarantee much, but I guarantee you won't just "wake-up."

I think you've got it pretty bad. Good luck to you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024