Author Topic: Surgery in Montreal / and what about RAMQ?  (Read 7967 times)

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
Hey guys, 
Just wondering if the situation of gyne surgery in Montreal has evolved much in the past few years. I always heard of Zelt pretty much being the only one doing a lot of these surgeries, but i really dont recall seeing results from his surgeries (nothing like we saw for Fielding or Lista).

Has anyone been able to have RAMQ cover a portion of their surgery?
Cheers guys.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Sj317

Just got approved!  :) :) The whole procedure will be covered by RAMQ.

Usually it’s immediately covered when you’re under 18. Above that your surgeon has to ask for approval from RAMQ before it’s paid. I’m 25.

My steps: First I went to see a GP, who sent me for an ultrasound back in 2014. (Yeah! I spent a lot of time hesitating). The ultrasound results were direct: Gyno on both sides, 3cm gland. Went back to my GP who gave me a note to go see a surgeon. Afraid to take time off work and have to explain my absence to a single soul, I became discouraged. Till this summer (2017) I decided to go see a general surgeon, who referred me to a plastic surgeon. This plastic surgeon told me to bring $100 so she can take pictures and send an application to RAMQ. I decided to write a letter explaining how this affects me and asked if she could include it in the package to RAMQ which also included my ultrasound results. 3 weeks later, got a letter from RAMQ informing my surgeon that my treatment will be covered completely. Now I’m just waiting for my surgeon to give me a date, can’t wait to rock all those t shirts I couldn’t wear.

Offline kinoman

Hey can you please answer a few of my questions please ? I too want get it approved by RAMQ, but the doctor won't accept to write my application, how were you able to do it ?

Thank you 

Just got approved!  :) :) The whole procedure will be covered by RAMQ.

Usually it’s immediately covered when you’re under 18. Above that your surgeon has to ask for approval from RAMQ before it’s paid. I’m 25.

My steps: First I went to see a GP, who sent me for an ultrasound back in 2014. (Yeah! I spent a lot of time hesitating). The ultrasound results were direct: Gyno on both sides, 3cm gland. Went back to my GP who gave me a note to go see a surgeon. Afraid to take time off work and have to explain my absence to a single soul, I became discouraged. Till this summer (2017) I decided to go see a general surgeon, who referred me to a plastic surgeon. This plastic surgeon told me to bring $100 so she can take pictures and send an application to RAMQ. I decided to write a letter explaining how this affects me and asked if she could include it in the package to RAMQ which also included my ultrasound results. 3 weeks later, got a letter from RAMQ informing my surgeon that my treatment will be covered completely. Now I’m just waiting for my surgeon to give me a date, can’t wait to rock all those t shirts I couldn’t wear.

Offline bobsmith

Hey sj317, which surgeon did you go to for your treatment? I went to go see Dr.Nicolaidis and he didn't really seem to understand my situation and he just told me my surgery would not be covered by the ramq.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024