Author Topic: Women's Clothing  (Read 9169 times)

Confused old man

We live 2 hours away from a very liberal city..A college town...we like to go there about once every 2 months for the cool shops and eateries around the college district. You see transgenders,crossdressers, men in skirts and kilts and people of all ages wearing different types of clothing and shoes and even hats. Never heard anyone say anything. So last time we went I wanted to see if people do say things and we are not just hearing it. I wore a white polo shirt and white bra that was very visible through my shirt. And the shirt was a little tight. Shopped all day went to lunch and dinner at a restaurant and nobody said anything. No stares..nothing. Sure people look but look at you just in a normal casual way. So I guess it just depends on where one lives. I’m beginning to think that even in more conservative areas people don’t really care what one wears anymore. Too much other stuff happening out there to worry about someone else’s clothing. And if people crossdress be it men or women....who cares?..I don’t and neither does my wife. And if people on this forum don’t like that type of conversation....don’t read it and don’t comment. Read and comment on what interests you have...in other words, simply change the channel. I’m not trying to be mean about, just a common sense approach 

gmast

Some people want to redefine the common language we have used for years.  We all know that there is a sigma of perversion associated with crossressing, and especially transvestites.  It seems like some are wanting to pretend that wearing women's clothing isn't crossdressing and hope the stigma doesnt apply to them, by trying to limit the meaning of crossdressing.   But in the end, when people notice you wearing women's clothing, it doesn't matter what definition  you use, they still see a guy wearing women's clothing.

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Gmast, you got an axe to grind against men who have gynecomastia ??

Cross-dressing is understood to be a person of one sex wearing clothes associated with the other sex in order to appear to be the other sex.  That is not "redefining" anything.

Wearing jeans or a shirt that fits, while NOT trying to appear as a different sex IS NOT cross dressing.  That is not "redefining" anything either.

I think we ALL agree a man wearing a dress IS cross-dressing.

Got it now !?

gmast

No, I do not have an ax to grind with gyecomastia.   I do have a problem with ignorance and people choosing their truth over facts.  Please take the time to do a quick check of several dictionaries.  They all say that cross dressing is wearing clothes of the opposite sex, but they do not the qualifier of intent.

Confused old man

gmast..if you don’t like this part of the forum quit reading it and please quit posting. Just move along. I’m sure there are other parts of the forum that suit your needs. Your truth might be different than other peoples truth.

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
Gmast, you got an axe to grind against men who have gynecomastia ??

Cross-dressing is understood to be a person of one sex wearing clothes associated with the other sex in order to appear to be the other sex.  That is not "redefining" anything.

Wearing jeans or a shirt that fits, while NOT trying to appear as a different sex IS NOT cross dressing.  That is not "redefining" anything either.

I think we ALL agree a man wearing a dress IS cross-dressing.

Got it now !?
Heck, even a an wearing a dress isn't necessarily cross dressing. Phish's drummer wears one at every performance for comfort. He certainly isn't aiming to be perceived as a woman and nobody would mistake him as such.

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
No, I do not have an ax to grind with gyecomastia.  I do have a problem with ignorance and people choosing their truth over facts.  Please take the time to do a quick check of several dictionaries.  They all say that cross dressing is wearing clothes of the opposite sex, but they do not the qualifier of intent.
If intent is removed then by far the biggest contingent of cross dressers in the world are women (and that's totally fine, I'm not judging anyone).

Dudewithboobs

Pretty good point and that’s the point often made. So it’s cool for a woman to wear men’s clothes even defined as sexy often times. But a man wears jeans labeled as women’s and oh man heads up cause here comes a dictionary bat your head. My way of life is keep the same energy across the board. Gmast if you got qualms and issues with this I hope you get equally as mad at women who wear a mans item or items of clothing or labeled for a man. 
One thing I’ve come to learn at this age is rarely do you find people who keep the same energy and they will make arguments for one and exceptions for the other all while both are in equal violation of opinion. And unless you’re keeping the same energy it’s not worth spending the energy arguing. 

Offline Johndoe1

I think we can all agree to disagree.  This is a point that has as many definitions as there are people and none are totally right nor totally wrong just many shades of gray mimicking society. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

Hmmmm...

I wonder when I was first considered a crossdresser?

I started wearing a bra for support when I was 12....

I switched to panties at 16 years old. They fit and felt better....

I was in my mid twenties when I started wearing women's slacks because they didn't make men's that fit my bottom and hips....

Shortly after that I found blouses at Lane Bryant that looked like a men's shirt but, actually fit....

Maybe it was when I admitted to myself that I was a woman of transgender experience and started wearing skirts.... No, that would mean that as a woman, I would be crossdressing if I wore men's clothing. 

I don't know and none of it matters. Too many labels. I like my label. I'M SOPHIE!!!

Love you guys, 

Sophie ❤️

gmast

My issue here is not whether I have a problem with all or any crossdressing, it is with honesty, trust, and credibility.  If people come here for advice, and they are told they should wear a bra or that they look good with a bra, and then they see you saying that wearing a bra, panties, and or women's jeans is not cross dressing, your credibility is gone.  It makes me wonder what your true motives are sometimes, is it to help guys with gyne, gas light them, or get validation for yourself?

Offline taxmapper

One thing for me:  

My entire life I have wondered why I couldn't fit into women's clothing. 

As I keep saying, I keep asking... where are my hips. 

well now my body is changing and my thighs seem to alter just a bit.   I tried a pair of women's lee riders and they fit way better than the Wranglers I have worn for more than 20 years. 

So IDK what the main issue is..   I am just looking at what fits me now. 

And men's clothing seems to be not fairing well. 

aboywithgirls

One thing for me: 

My entire life I have wondered why I couldn't fit into women's clothing.

As I keep saying, I keep asking... where are my hips.

well now my body is changing and my thighs seem to alter just a bit.  I tried a pair of women's lee riders and they fit way better than the Wranglers I have worn for more than 20 years.

So IDK what the main issue is..  I am just looking at what fits me now.

And men's clothing seems to be not fairing well.

Offline 42CSurprise!

My issue here is not whether I have a problem with all or any crossdressing, it is with honesty, trust, and credibility.  If people come here for advice, and they are told they should wear a bra or that they look good with a bra, and then they see you saying that wearing a bra, panties, and or women's jeans is not cross dressing, your credibility is gone.  It makes me wonder what your true motives are sometimes, is it to help guys with gyne, gas light them, or get validation for yourself?
I'm confused about your need to clarify the points you make on this thread which I started some time ago.  Are you deputized to police the threads to make certain language is used correctly?  It must be lonely being the person who is always evaluating everyone else's word choice and stepping in when you believe confusion will lead to some unhappy end for someone.  The other possibility is to walk on by and allow the world to unfold exactly as it is unfolding in that place at that time.  Everyone here is trying to wrap their minds around the fact nature has given them breast tissue.  We talk about brassieres and clothing but the conversation really has deeper meaning.  Living with elevated estrogen is about more than having a curvaceous body that warrants wearing clothes designed for women's similarly curvaceous bodies.  Estrogen affects how we see the world and deal with emotions.  You're right, of course, the world has long judged men who look or act like women.  A great many teens got in deep trouble decades ago because they began wearing their hair long.  You can imagine what wearing earrings does, so wearing brassieres is often the source of judgment, even on this website.  That is why this section devoted to self-acceptance was created by the man who started this website.  Men here are supporting one another in finding some path through this hormonal quagmire that allows us to feel good about the choices we make.  We really don't need thought police explaining to us what words mean.  We're a pretty smart bunch here.  You're welcome to hang out with us if you're prepared to put down your badge, whether you wear a brassiere or not.  8)

aboywithgirls

I can only speak for myself, however I do believe that 42CSUPRISE is correct. 

We can all agree about how estrogen effects our bodies. People born male can develop breasts, softer skin, and fat redistribution which gives the body a feminine appearance. 

More subjective is how estrogen effects our individual brains. There are some things that are not subjective such as heightened emotional response, whether a happy or sad response. What IS subjective is how else estrogen works on our brains. Does it help us identify with others who are estrogen dominant such as genetic women? Does that in turn effect how we wish to present ourselves? Such as what we choose to wear? How we wear our hair or other grooming habits?

I believe that it is all connected. It is very unfair and judgmental to write  something here that says what people can wear or can't wear. Estrogen is a very powerful substance that has been responsible for the survival of our species for hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years. 

Be kind, love you guys, 

Sophie ❤️

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024