Author Topic: My First Bra  (Read 14173 times)

Offline SideSet

I bet your breasts have become more prominent as you have lost weight 

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
I can’t really tell about the weight loss and prominence. I do think I’m seeing continued growth. The first bra I bought had huge cups and I set it aside. Now I fill it. Still getting sore boobies but less frequently. I’m still wearing bras at home.

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
If you're taking supplemental testosterone you can expect more breast development - because our bodies try to maintain biochemical balance hormonally.  More T 'tells' the body to produce more E.
Also, if there is any anti-androgen effects occurring from other meds (e.g., spironolactone, prostate treatments, some psychoactive meds), then the body aromatizes (converts) its 'extra T into E - again, exacerbating feminizing effects (esp gyno).
Good idea to check with an endocrinologist.
All the best!

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Thanks. I have an appointment next month. I’ll find out where my levels are.
Posting braless update pic.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Hi guys,
It’s been a while. I actually went off testosterone for a couple months. Just saw doctor and got back on it. I stopped wearing a bra entirely for that time. Put one on this evening for support. I was surprised by a little growth. I’ve enjoyed being braless for a while but guess I’m going to start back wearing one.
-Ben

Offline gotgyne

Last weekend I went on a trip and shared a dorm with 3 roommates for a couple nights. The lights were off and two of them came in. I guess they didn’t realize they woke me up because I heard them whispering. One guy said “that guy needs to wear a bra. Look how his boobs touch when he’s laying on his side”. They were snickering. I left early before they got up and thankfully I won’t see them again. I was a little embarrassed. I should have worn a shirt since I was staying with other folks. I suspect they would also have something to say about men wearing bras. I also had an experience at the airport. I was sitting down and a group of older guys were standing around. They kept looking up from their phones and staring at me and grinning. They kept smirking at each other. I never figured out why but it was weird and definitely directed at me. Now I’m really getting self conscious.
Exactly such incidents are the reason why I think that we (the men with gynecomastia who totally accept it and wear a bra) must not hide it. Only if a large number of men wear their bras visibly it may eventually become normal in a couple of years. Of course visibility only means that the bra could be noticed through the shirt or t-shirt but not visible bra straps on bare shoulders as many girls and young women show. But I frankly admit that in most cases I don't have the guts myself to do so.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
I just tried one for the first time earlier this year. Wearing one today at home. Found the perfect shirt to hide it. I probably won’t venture out with one much. Maybe when it’s colder and I can layer. I haven’t been wearing one for a couple months but it is nice to have everything contained.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
Last weekend I went on a trip and shared a dorm with 3 roommates for a couple nights. The lights were off and two of them came in. I guess they didn’t realize they woke me up because I heard them whispering. One guy said “that guy needs to wear a bra. Look how his boobs touch when he’s laying on his side”. They were snickering. I left early before they got up and thankfully I won’t see them again. I was a little embarrassed. I should have worn a shirt since I was staying with other folks. I suspect they would also have something to say about men wearing bras. I also had an experience at the airport. I was sitting down and a group of older guys were standing around. They kept looking up from their phones and staring at me and grinning. They kept smirking at each other. I never figured out why but it was weird and definitely directed at me. Now I’m really getting self conscious.
Exactly such incidents are the reason why I think that we (the men with gynecomastia who totally accept it and wear a bra) must not hide it. Only if a large number of men wear their bras visibly it may eventually become normal in a couple of years. Of course visibility only means that the bra could be noticed through the shirt or t-shirt but not visible bra straps on bare shoulders as many girls and young women show. But I frankly admit that in most cases I don't have the guts myself to do so.
I know what you mean about showing bras. i went shopping to day and not a walmart, there wasa lady with 2 kids wearing a racerback that covered barely nothing. showed shoulder straps the upper portions of he cups  and all of the back strap except for the hooks and her top was loose fitting so when she bent down you could see most of here breasts that wernt in the bra. i was right behind and an dhad a hard time not seein as i was putting y stuff on the belt. I also 5 other women with straps showin plainly as thee were wearing tank tops but notas bad as the lady at check out

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Re:  Women 'showing' their bras / straps ... it has become a fashion thing.  Models and 'famous' women - incl actresses are wearing clothes that show their bras and straps - and often their breasts.  It's quite like the new torn T-shirts and ripped jeans they buy.  Go figure.
And with all the gender confusion these days (e.g., men claiming to be women) it might also be a way for the females to outwardly proclaim themselves as female.

Problem for us guys (or, I should say, one of the problems we face) is that almost all of us with gynecomastia are obviously male, so 'presenting' a female attribute (developed breasts) openly is ... challenging.  Some of us have experienced things like Ben - and others here - have shared. All of us have experienced at least some kind of discomfiture with our condition, and many have expressed the wish (hope?) that 'everyone else' would just accept us how we are.

As many here have come to realize, that may never happen - so we just press on, coming to the conclusion that we will not be shamed by it.  That probably does not mean that we will prance around in public openly displaying show-off lace bras (like those sold at Costco for example), or flaunting our bras / breasts the way women do (and, in a way, are expected to !).

But I think it's ok for us to be seen as 'developed', and also as wearing bras for support like women do...I think we're slowly getting there in society.

I've come to realize that I am more comfortable with my breast development than others might be, and I've also noticed (as have others here) that most of the time 'others' don't even notice, and when they do they don't seem to care anywhere near as much as I do.

Apologies for the long post - but had to 'get it off my chest' (LOL).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 05:25:24 PM by Moobzie »

Confused old man

We have two transgendered or crossdressers working at our local Walmart and one at Home Depot. Could be more, who knows. Most people just don’t care. There are a lot more things to worry about anymore then the way people dress. Very few people will even look at each other anymore. I know I don’t. I truly believe if someone sees my bra, or notices my boobs, they will think to themselves, oh look, that man is wearing a bra. Or gosh, that man has boobs. And that’s the end of it. A fleeting thought, and on with their business. And if they really stare at you. Flash them!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kazmage

I have only noticed a few women noticing I am wearing a bra or I have boobs .
Some have been rude enough to stare i just ignore them and go about my day .
If anyone says anything to me all I would do is say to them the famous quote from Sophie " I have feet so I wear shoes I have boobs so I wear a bra " then simply walk away lol

aboywithgirls

I definitely remember those days. The people who knew me also knew that I wore a bra. Most of them also knew why. It was the same with my outerwear. As my style became more androgynous and eventually decidedly feminine, the stares became less frequent from those two didn't know me.

Whether you are living full-time as a man or a woman or somewhere in between you shouldn't have to justify why you're wearing a bra. 

Love you guys ❤️🥰🤗

Sophie ❤️

Offline taxmapper

What I have been slowly noticing is that now that i am a bit larger, women seem to be much less apprehensive in talking to me. 
sorta like.. psudo- sorta sister, kinda... thing. 

"oh you have boobs, your in a bra...your ok.". 

aboywithgirls

What I have been slowly noticing is that now that i am a bit larger, women seem to be much less apprehensive in talking to me.
sorta like.. psudo- sorta sister, kinda... thing.

"oh you have boobs, your in a bra...your ok.".
Oh my goodness, yes! Long before I transitioned. I never intentionally flaunted my girls. I also mad very little effort to hide them or the fact that I was wearing a bra ( white blouse with a white bra 🙄). There is definitely understanding and empathy from the women that I worked with and hung around with. You know that your part of the group when the ladies at lunch are having an open discussion about bras and want to know what what bras are my go to's.

Sophie ❤️

Offline gotgyne

I have only noticed a few women noticing I am wearing a bra or I have boobs .
Some have been rude enough to stare i just ignore them and go about my day .
If anyone says anything to me all I would do is say to them the famous quote from Sophie " I have feet so I wear shoes I have boobs so I wear a bra " then simply walk away
If someone would stare at my boobs, laugh or even make rude comments, I'd laugh too and answer: "It's all natural. You're just jealous".

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024