Author Topic: compression garments  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Annieclo

I mentioned in another thread that I'm dealing with a flare-up of shoulder tendonitis ATM, and was looking for some kind of brace or something. Last night I was folding laundry and thought, "What I really need is a girdle for my shoulder!"  You know, like a heavy-duty spandex/powernet shirt. And then I remembered about compression shorts, which I've heard of (like the Tommie Copper infomercials) but know nothing about.

So I looked up compression shirts on Amazon, and they have a bunch of them, but none of the product descriptions or reviews say anything about support/pain relief, just moisture wicking (and then the Tommie Copper site is full of hyperbole-laden claims that are a little hard to believe, when Amazon has so little to say on the matter!). They're pretty pricey, so I'd like some real-world reviews before taking the plunge.

Any thoughts?

Orb

I'm a believer in compression wear however you have to have the mobility to put the garment on.  I have torn my rotator cuff twice and have limited dexterity within that shoulder now because of other damage done.  I know I would never be able to get it on.  I have tried a shirt like that and a pullover bra and both are a no go for me.  You will have to make that decision for yourself based on your mobility issues.

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Underarmour compression shirts work for me.

Offline gotgyne

I'm a believer in compression wear however you have to have the mobility to put the garment on.  I have torn my rotator cuff twice and have limited dexterity within that shoulder now because of other damage done.  I know I would never be able to get it on.  I have tried a shirt like that and a pullover bra and both are a no go for me.  You will have to make that decision for yourself based on your mobility issues.
Orb, perhaps your wife could help you to put the garment on.

John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024