Author Topic: LIFT WEIHGTS  (Read 4193 times)

Offline bull

• Posting Member
hi to everybody
i just want to ask you
to lift weights, can reduce the gynecomastia?
to lift weights, is good or bad if you have gynecomastia?
in all the surgerys, do you have to past one nigth in the hospital?, or yo can go home after the surgery?

thanks ;)

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Lifting weights certainly didn't help my gyno.

Some say that building muscle behind the gland pushes it out more, making it look worse; No reason not to lift though. 

I shared the elevator with my PS after surgery on the way out of the surgery center.  Probably half hour after surgery was over. I had IV sedation. 

Offline NewLifeStartsMay4th

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics
lifting weights will help you like your body and also reduce healing time after surgery but it actually makes gyno appear worse because the muscle pushes it out farther, but on the other hand the rest of your body getting bigger hides it and most people will think you have pecs.   i would recomend it for sure as it has made living with gyno so much easier for me. i finally have surgery on may 4th. lifting weights has made me not really worry about my gyno at all as opposed to before lifting weights i hated myself. the best excersice for chest is to focus on incline bench as it will make your chest more proportionate. hope this helps
Surgery may 4th Dr. Metzner New Orleans
http://deuce-po.magix.net/

Offline Jordan23

• Posting Member
I've been lifting weights for some time now and am building muscle pretty well. Does the healing process reduce w/ full body work outs? Or primarily when you work on your chest muscles? I'm two days out from my surgery and am wondering if I should just rest these last two days or today just do some training on the chest.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Jordan...

Doesn't matter either way.

However, doing an activity like lifting weights will take your mind off of surgery...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics
i'd wait two weeks after surgery to do any kind of working out besides legs. working out releases hormones such as testosterone and growth hormone which speed recovery time, promote growth, and boost the intake of protein.

Offline avillax

• Posting Member
Lifting weights certainly didn't help my gyno.

Some say that building muscle behind the gland pushes it out more, making it look worse; No reason not to lift though. 

I shared the elevator with my PS after surgery on the way out of the surgery center.  Probably half hour after surgery was over. I had IV sedation. 

Hey guys I want your opinion, I got my lipo done about 8 months ago, my problem was puffy nipples, but I also had some fat, they took about 250ml of fat on each side.

After the operation, I was flat and normal.
But 8 months after, I look almost as before. They told me here at the forum that lipo just didnt get rid of puffy nipples and gland excision was needed.

But I remember that after the operation I didn´t do chest excercises for about 2 months because of the soreness, after that I started working out my chest again, and slowly my nipples started to puff up again, on the last month, I have been very worried about my nipples going almost the same as before the operation, but yesterday I realized that they started to puff up when I started working out my chest, and the last month I have been working out a lot.

Does that mean they are puffying out because of the excercise?, or they would puff up anyways exercise the chest or not? and I may be able to fix the problem by not doing chest exercise anymore?

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
It is right when you lift, after you get a pump to your pecs, or is it ever since you started lifting? Wonder if the muscle is pushing it out. If you notice it stick out more while doing chest excercises, then it probably is muscle pushing out the gland tissue. I really don't know much about that though.

Do you mean that you just had liposuction without excision? That may be the problem, especially if you had puffy nips. Got's to get excision of gland tissue.

Offline avillax

• Posting Member
When I work out my nipples get hard anyways, but yes they started to puff up when I beging doing chest excercises at the gym, that was after the lipo, and I didn´t get gland excision, that´s why I am asking and will try anyways to stop doing chest exercise at the gym.

As I told you, my nipples were not puffy for a while after the lipo surgery.

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics
puffy nipples = gland under nipple making it purtrude.     if you read for five minutes on this board before surgery you would find so many folks unhappy with lipo only. sucks dude. get excision

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
lifting weights will not cure gyno--at least not mine.  It did make my chest look better but not much. I didn't have puffy nipples though.  6 months after surgery I started working out again and now (1 yr after surgery) I have a really well-defined chest--at least for me.  It is the chest I wanted since I was 14. As for helping you heal faster, it didn't for me. I couldn't stretch my arms completely over my head without a tugging feeling for at least 4 months.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024