Author Topic: flaxseed oil test for pubertal gyno and some background on my story  (Read 5625 times)

Offline person2345

• Posting Member
im 17 years old and have had puffy nipples for about 3/4 years now. at first it was just a lump the size of a pea and wasnt noticable at all but after a year it swelled to the size of about an olive and stayed that size. im not overwieght at all i have a rather athletic build and get lots of exercise and eat resonably healthy and over the last year have lowered my body fat percentage to the single digits. i would consider my case mild as i am still able to wear pretty much whatever t-shirts i want aslong as they have some graphic on the front and aren't made of a very thin material. but i am still too embarised to take my shirt off in front of friends or at the beach because my nipples stick out a bit less than 1.5 cm from my chest. a while back i attempted a completely dairy free diet for 3 months but failed after a few weeks but have been sucsessful at limiting my amount consumed as much as possible. the motivation for this diet change happend after reading an article about there being very high levels of hormones in milk these days. i really dont feel i need to consider surgery as of yet because i am still going through puberty and feel i still have a chance to at least reduce the puffyness. after hearing about positive results of people using flaxseed to reduce pubertal gyno i decided to give it a shot because it is safe and reasonably cheap. i will be taking 2 pills 3 times a day for the next 3 weeks and will be taking photos to see for any changes at all. i am a strong believer in non-surgical options and believe a treatment will be discovered soon.

Offline person2345

• Posting Member
a little update: after 1 week on flaxseed oil capsules i have noticed some changes. firstly it apears that the size (diameter) of my areola has somewhat decreased. it is a very small change, its only maybe 85-90% of the original size but especially my left nipple seems smaller. the size of the gland itself seems to have shrunk a tiny bit as well about the same amount as the areola but the actual puffiness of the nipple has seen no change at all yet. another thing i noticed although im not to sure on this is that maybe some fat on my chest has gone as well. since i am a fairly low body fat percentage i can tell that there is also a little bit of fat around and below my nipple and in the last few days that area seems to be more defined than before. i will continue with the curent dosage and update again next monday

Offline gotgyne

I don't think that flaxseed oil capsules reduce gynecomastia. Though flaxseed contains phytoestrogens and there is the hypothesis that phytoestrogens can occupy the estrogen receptors of the breast and thus displace the real estrogen, the effect would need a long time to reveal, if there is such an effect at all.

John

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:59:03 AM by gotgyne »
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The association between breasts and milk is easy enough to understand but actually uninformed. Estrogen is the hormone that causes the breasts to grow. Ironically, if a lactating animal is given Estrogen their milk production will decrease. Sometimes it will actually stop.

The Estrogen level increases in a pregnant animal right up to the time of delivery. At that point in time, the Estrogen level falls very abruptly. The sudden drop of the Estrogen level is one of the things that causes lactation.

Flaxseed is a funny one. It too comes around every once in a while. Sometimes people blame it for causing their Gynecomastia, others claiming it is a cure. Believe whatever you like, I am not convinced either way.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024