Author Topic: Post op question  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
Nearly 4 weeks post op and I still have some pain/discomfort.  Feels more like the muscle.    I still have some skin numbness but it is getting better.  

Its not severe by no means at all and tolerable but I was wondering when the soreness will go away.  I am doing the lymphatic massaging and this is when I feel it the most.  (like sore muscles)
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I can't give a time frame, because it's different for everyone, but it's perfectly normal to still have discomfort / numbness 4 weeks post-op.  I'm 8 months post op and pressing / pinching my skin in certain spots hurts like hell, and I still can't feel the center of my breasts, nor any contact of my nipples/areaola.  There's still a bit of hard healing tissue in a few areas of my chest - your body takes time to heal.  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 06:22:44 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
Juice
Do you think the chest exercises helped the swelling to go down a little faster by increasing blood flow into area?  I have 1 more week until I get cleared to exercise.  Can't wait.  

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
Thanks needed the encouragement.  I may cheat and do some cardio later in the week or some bicep lifting but I will definately wait on the chest exercises.  I will also follow your lead and do light weight for a while.  It only makes sense.  You are a couple weeks ahead of my progress so I watch your post.  Its great to be free of gyne.   I am wearing shirts now I would not have worn before.  Not trying to rub it in to those that have not had surgery yet but "gt r done"  if you can.  I lived with the hell for 20 plus years and I understand every tease and problems you have.  I also don't realy understand those of you that are young and the doc recomends that you will grow out of it.    Thats another complaint but anyway, its good to be gyne free.

Offline Hypo-is-here

How long was the surgery juice?

Offline Hypo-is-here

I think your surgeon must have done quite a good job if they got a good result for you in that time as you did have quite significant case.

I hope you feel a lot better to get that off your chest ;) Gedit ::) Bad joke I know :-[

joking aside my op was 5 weeks tomorrow and today I exercised for the first time.

I can't say it was easy but I managed to do what I wanted to.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 07:51:22 AM by Hypo-is-here »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024