Author Topic: 1 week 1 day post op. Looking good!  (Read 4346 times)

Offline bourne

• Posting Member
I freaked out when i saw my areolas when the bandages came off.  They looked caved in and i wasn't happy.  But about 5 days later with the compression vest on 24/7, they are taking their natural form and i can finally take a sigh of relief.  My swelling, though still prominent, is half of what it was on saturday.  I still have the stiches in with the steril tape over them.  My Dr. said they will dissovle within the next two weeks. As far as pain is concerned,  It's virtually all gone. Sometimes when i swist to the sides i get a sharp pain by the stiches, but that only happens a handfull of times in a day.  I still have a slight loss of sensation in my entire chest area, which i am confident will return with time.  Overall, I am seeing results faster that I thought it would take.  My PS told me to wear the compression vest for another 2 weeks.  I plan on going for the full 6 weeks.  so that means another 5 weeks.  

Just a note on the compression vest,  it itches, its hot sometimes, its clingy, it feels awkward under clothes.  Though all that is true, its worth 1000 times its weight in gold.

And finally, even though I am only 1 week post op,  I can walk around with my shirt tucked in without a jacket on. It's liberating, and i trust it only gets better.

Ill keep posting.

-B

Offline kso

• Posting Member
Good for you!  Your positive attitude is a real asset to your recovery.  The surgery probably elimated the nerve connections on your chest. Thats why you have no  feeling. What is truely amazing to me is that  they come back.   You will regain your sensitivity on your chest.  Or in my case, more.

Re the compression vest: what a pain in the ass.  But,  after all it is reattaching your skin to the rest of your body after it was seperated to suck your your fat.  I have no idea how long you should keep using it, but I admire your willingness to do whatever is helpful.

Best of luck to you and I know your results will be spectacular.

With your attitude, you'll have a great result!

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
What was the pain like 3 days post op? Was it bearable?
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline bourne

• Posting Member
The pain was nothing.  Really, hardly any pain unless i bumped into my chest.  Im 2 months post op now... I can do anything i used to do before i had the surgery...

The worst part about the surgery for me was having to sleep on my back.  So all things considered, thats a pretty small setback compared to what you're getting.

Im 23 wish i had this surgery years ago...  I live a completly different life now, and im only 2 months post op..

Good luck guys.

-B

Offline saidlatagyno

wow I'm so relieved to hear about your nipples cuz thats what freaked me out today when the vest and bandages came off, they looked caved in and flat but my PS assured me theyd look normal but I was still paranoid, also, the hardest part about the surgery is the vest just cuz its annoying and i also find it so hard sleeping on my back, but it is totally worth every second and penny because i feel like a man again and cant wait to wear tight t-shirts, it sso liberating!...its amazing the little things we take for granted in life until there gone, like a normal shaped chest, ha, well i'm back baby!...now just hoping for my nips to look better!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024