Author Topic: Ok.. what DIDN’T work for you?  (Read 3987 times)

Offline Winner

• Posting Member
Countless threads of what people found that helped them.
List off what didn’t.
Could be a bra (type, style, brand etc)
Could be chest binder
Surgery
Etc

For me, I tried a chest wrap thing. Sucked hardcore.
Also tried Knix brand of bra... noooope.

What failed you? ???

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
When I was 12, the family Doctor told me that it would go away in a couple of years.   I am 81 and still waiting.  I grew up in a time when accepting the condition was the only option.  Liposuction finally came, and with it came surgery that was both effective and safe.  Unfortunately, that was too little and too late.  By that time I had different priorities. 
Grandpa Dan

hammer

I just wear a bra, or I don't wear one if I don't feel like wearing one. I wear good quality tee shirts and a vest, usually leather and I just go about my business.

I've been dealing with having breast for over 45 years now and really don't give them much thought anymore.  I have noticed that people are too busy with their own problems that they don't even notice ours anyway! So find whatever you're comfortable wearing and don't even care what other think, as they won't even give you a second thought!

Take a moment and read my two saying at the bottom of each and every  one of my post, and give that some thought.  I live by those ideals everyday, and they make my life much simpler!

Good luck!

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
Ahh bra. No support really, but it will hold them down a bit in a pinch.

hammer

Ahh bra. No support really, but it will hold them down a bit in a pinch.

Agreed, even as big as I am they stop the wiggle and giggle!

Offline Winner

• Posting Member
Umm thanks peeps.
But the idea of this thread isn’t about what is working for you. Or how you have managed it for x years.

I wanted to mix things up. This is about what did NOT work for you. Maybe you tried a new product or gimmic or supplement or even a “revolutionary” bra type. Maybe you have a story about an epic fail that happened. This is for the fact that for the things that worked, we tried 10 that didn’t. This topic can be informative or funny or both.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
What did and did not work for me is the same thing depending on the situation.   
I tried Bras many times over the years.  My breasts are not so large that I really need the support all the time but there were times when the jiggle was a real nuisance.   I found that a well constructed bra made the breasts a bit too perky and obvious, while a Sport type bra simply squished them in an uncomfortable way.  So  the Bras were a failure  either way.  They simply did not work for me on a day to day basis.   But don't judge too harshly too soon.  I love mountaineering, hiking, and backpacking.  For those pursuits a well constructed bra was a great help because it contained the juggle and bounce.  Since I engaged in those pursuits among understanding friends, the perkiness did not attract a lot of unwanted attention so it actually worked quite well.  

Jason13820

Bralettes, and really no-wire bras in general. There's a reason most women wear bras with underwires.

Offline Johndoe1

I really can't say enough about getting a professional fitting. Before I did, bras were torture devices that hurt and didn't really do much supporting for me. Those rules of +4 and such is such crap. They don't work for women and they certainly don't work for men. 
I had thought I was large B or small C. The girls were never happy and the straps never stayed in place and the band rode all over my back. After months of torture like this I found a small out of the way locally owned boutique who served men. I got my nerve up and made an appointment for a private fitting. The owner couldn't have been nicer and understanding and I soon found out I was not a B or a C, but D+! And I was much smaller in the band by 3 sizes! No wonder I was miserable. I totally understand now how 80% of women wear the wrong size bra and hate it. After I started wearing the right size bra the straps and band stay in place and I am very comfortable wearing all day and it actually helped in making it easier to get my shirts to look better. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

bikerbob

Molded cup bras.  I spotted a like new Vanity Fair bra in a thrift store and couldn't resist trying it.  I am a 40A/B and don't need a lot of support but this one made it very obvious that I have breasts.  Not a problem for women but I am not trying to call attention to them.  I am also a big fan of the Ahh Bra.  It controls the bounce without making them obvious and is also about as undetectable as you can get under a T shirt.  I also tried a Coobie Comfort Bra which is similar but a bit more heavy duty than I need.  I love it but the straps are padded and I am pretty sure I have been busted wearing it so I use it as a sport bra.

Offline SideSet

Those awful gynecomastia compression vests.  My boobs are just too big to be comfortable squished like that.   Give me a bra any day

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
What didn't work for me!
Strapless bras never fit my gynecomastia breast.
Half cupped bras,  my breast just sink into them and never come back out without support or removal of the bra itself.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline Johndoe1

Those awful gynecomastia compression vests.  My boobs are just too big to be comfortable squished like that.   Give me a bra any day

Oh God! HOW. I. HATE. THOSE. DAMN. THINGS. The most uncomfortable bra in the world is heaven compared to a compression vest.

aboywithgirls

I have tried different types of compression garments.  I don't like wearing them. They are uncomfortable and a couple of my doctors including my PCP and endocrinologist say that it can actually harm you.
A regular underwire bra, either unlined or molded cup is what I wear for everyday support. 
Women have most of what works and doesn't work already figured out. If compression garments were comfortable and worked well, more women would be wearing them.

hammer

Compression vest is like laying on my belly and with the big breast that I have, that isn't happening!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024