Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Bermant today  (Read 3857 times)

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
Hey, guys -- I had surgery with Dr. Bermant today. If you're interested in reading about the experience, check it out. I don't normally cross-reference posts like this, but my goal is to provide useful information to people considering surgery, and I'm not sure how many people read the diary forum.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:31:30 PM by TiredofIt »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Thank you for linking to your diary.  It's worth reading and I'm sure it's an inspiration to someone just finding the site and needing encouragement.  Congratulations on the surgery! :)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
I've posted my two-days-post-op pics on my diary. Here's a direct link, if you're interested: http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/TiredofIt2007/

Offline MisterPeepers

• Posting Member
Hey tiredofit,
Can you tell me how backed up he was with his schedule? was 3 weeks the soonest he could do the operation?

Also, how long after the procedure until one in an office environment can go back to work? Do you need to see him several times after?

Thanks and congrats, i am considering this...

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
In my case, three weeks was the soonest I could get in. I don't know what the norm is, but I'm sure you could call Jane to find out what the schedule is looking like.

I had my surgery on Saturday and today is my first day back at my office job. I'm taking it easy, but I'm back.

Offline MisterPeepers

• Posting Member
Tired, are you going to have to take time off work again in the near future, or are you for all purposes, "good to go". THe reason I ask is I am about to be in between jobs for a month, but when I start I will be unable to take time off at all..for a couple of years I think.

Offline TiredofIt

• Bronze Member
No, I won't be taking any more time off. One of the many reasons I chose Dr. Bermant is because his techniques specialize in making post-op as comfortable as possible. (I'm sure you noticed how little swelling and bruising I have, considering I'm only three days post-op.)  I'm back at work for good, now. Keep in mind, my job is a true desk job, and I have no heavy lifting. Plus, I don't really have a boss, so nobody can ask me to do anything that pushes my comfort level. I'm very much able to control my day.

Be sure to look at my photos so you have an indication of what I was like before and how I look now. I'm sure the surgical experience is different for everyone, and more severe cases would perhaps mean a tougher time post-op. For me, for all intents and purposes, it's been very easy.

Offline subuwrx

• Bronze Member
Tiredofit, I have been trying to send you a PM but it wont go through for some odd reason. Do you have AIM? Id really like to talk to you. If you do please PM me your screen name. Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024