Author Topic: Provide some support?  (Read 10024 times)

Offline support

I'm dating a new man, and we haven't gotten very physical, but he admited to me that he has gyne.  However, I didn't push the subject, because it was obvious that it is very hard for him to talk about.  I don't know exactly how bad it is, but I would guess he would be much more comfortable if he had some sort of surgery to clear it up.  Any suggestions on how to just be supportive to him? I know its odd to see a female on here, but I truely like this man, and don't want him to be uncomfortable with me because of this problem.  I really don't know much about it, which is why I landed at your sight, any information you could provide me would be great! THANKS!

Offline support

Thanks for your advice.  We were talking on the phone about it, and I didn't really quite catch what he meant when he said it the first time, which made discussing it worse, cause he had to atually explain what he meant. I mean I kinda noticed that he had a larger chest than most men, but I really didn't know a condition existed that caused it, or that this man men suffered from it.  He already means so much to me, and did mention he was thinking of surgery... So now I'm just looking for all the information I can get so I can actually know what hes talking about if he ever brings it up again! I mean, it is obviously a self concious thing for him, but I don't find him any less attractive because of it.  I guess thats just a note to you guys out there who are suffering... women aren't scared away by it!

Offline support

is there anything I can say or do right at the beginning to let him know that its no big deal? or is it just something that I have to wait for him to bring up and then just be supportive about it? I mean he's been dealing with it since he was a teenager, and it still bothers him, which is obvious to me. But he is potentially "the one" and I don't want to screw it up but saying the wrong thing! Anyways, thanks for your advice, my heart goes out to all you guys who are dealing with this problem, I can't imagine what is must be like being a teenager trying to deal with it!

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
I'm dating a new man, and we haven't gotten very physical, but he admited to me that he has gyne.  However, I didn't push the subject, because it was obvious that it is very hard for him to talk about.  I don't know exactly how bad it is, but I would guess he would be much more comfortable if he had some sort of surgery to clear it up.  Any suggestions on how to just be supportive to him? I know its odd to see a female on here, but I truely like this man, and don't want him to be uncomfortable with me because of this problem.  I really don't know much about it, which is why I landed at your sight, any information you could provide me would be great! THANKS!

you are very nice.  :) :) :)
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Punta

• Bronze Member
Support,

You are a legend, well done. You remind me of my wife, who worked exra shifts for 12 months and paid for my surgery. This was especially great considering I was the cause of my gyne.

I reckon just keep what doing what you are doing. Educate yourself and find out as much about it as you can. If he talks more about it, ask him questions like "do you think its glandular, fat, or a combination". This will show him you care but also add "I need you to know it doesn't bother me".

Next time you see guys on the beach shirtless, you will see just how many men suffer from this condition which on most occassions has been out of their control.

All the best.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
...Next time you see guys on the beach shirtless, you will see just how many men suffer from this condition which on most occassions has been out of their control.

All the best.

Very true.
Those are just the ones who aren't bothered as much by it or have enough confidence to go without the shirt.  Just think about how many more men you don't see out there who won't go shirtless or just avoid the beach.   

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I don't find him any less attractive because of it.  I guess thats just a note to you guys out there who are suffering... women aren't scared away by it!

'Some' women...

support....

Just tell 'The One' how you feel about him and that you are okay with his gynecomastia. You see, it's all about 'Acceptance'. Most guys with gynecomastia don't feel that girls/women will 'accept' them having gynecomastia. They don't 'feel' worthy of you, 'Less of a man'.

Obviously, the 'ice' has already been broken on the issue. So now it is up to you to tell 'The One' that you 'can' accept him as he is and that you will support him if he decides to have surgery to correct his gyne. Just be his friend with unconditional love!  ;)

Trust me on this. 'The One' will be very grateful that you have concern for his wellbeing... ;)

GB 
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline support

Thanks for your comments! Can't say I've ever dealth with anything like this before, so its nice to know that there are other people out there who know what I'm supose to do!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Its nice to know that there are other people out there who know what I'm supose to do!

That's what this Site is all about!  :)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024