Author Topic: Gyne inflicted social destruction..  (Read 5594 times)

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
   Hello all, I used to be a fun and healthy young lad until about the age of 12.  At around 12 I remember getting the first comment that changed my self image for good.  I was doing jumping jacks in physical education class and some girl called me "the titty bomber"  :-[ but I just brushed it off and went on with my life and didnt get any comments for a few more years.  I was actually pretty normal weight until around when that happened and I started gaining weight but somehow I was still happy and accepted myself.  I started making long term friends and was actually pretty popular during my elementary-middle school years.  After I had many established friendships and good relationships the people I cared about started noticing my breasts and making small comments every once and a while.

After a couple years of being a nice and healthy kid me and my friends started getting into marijuana at about the end of middle school and the beginning of high school.  We would smoke all the time and after about a year of doing this I started getting very paranoid when I smoked and no longer got that nice relaxed and happy feeling I got before.  One day I was at the beach with some friends in the summer after my freshman year of high school when my best friend said something that would change my life.  He said "Hey, man.. you should wear a bra" after I had got out of the water and my breasts were very visible ( even through a shirt I was wearing) and all my buddies laughed at me.  After this I stopped hanging out with these "friends" and would only go out to parties with them at night.  They stopped hanging out with me after a while as we stopped having the same interests and I pretty much stopped having friends altogether after about my junior year of high school. But I guess this was pretty normal considering how much rejection I felt with some of the comments they were throwing at me  >:(.

It was about the summer before senior year when I told my mom about my gynecomastia and she was very concerned but told me just to lose weight and it would go away.  I havent really talked to her since and I dont think she see's it as an issue when it really is a huge one.  It eats away at me every day and socializing is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  And I also got braces ( the metal teeth things) really late at around the age of 17 but they come off soon and that really killed a lot of the minimal amount of self-esteem I had left as well.  About all I have that makes me feel any small bit of self esteem is my beard but what good is that when you have moobs and braces.

I am now 18, almost 19 and just graduated high school and will be attending a local community college in the fall.  I am also very overweight now ( 228 lbs, 5'9") but at the beginning of the summer i was about 17 pounds heavier.  I havent really spent much time socializing with people since probably my sophmore year of high school and have just used the internet religiously to interact with people and been really lazy in general.  I cant even interact with my brother ( who is 5 years older than me ) anymore after he saw me with my shirt off putting deoderant on and said "what's that ? breast freshener?".  I am getting my drivers license soon and will hopefully get a job and a gym membership and start trying to tone up and see how I look about 50 pounds lighter and more muscular.  I dont know how I am going to do in college with all these problems I have but I really hope I can pull through because I dont wanna live with my parents forever. Well, thanks for letting me vent guys and I hope I dont have a doomed future because of my gyne issue. If you have any positive feedback or words of inspiration I would really appreciate them :).

P.S. I live in south florida and there is so much pressure to look good here  :'(.

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
Funky; first of all it's great that you have confided in the Gynecomastia.org community.  Thats your first step out of the way, at least now it's out in the open wioth people who can share your situation :)

That was an interesting read and I can certainly relate to the issues you have had with some of my own from the past.  Do you think there is a possibilty that the use of marajuana cold have influenced the further onset of your gyne?

Good luck withg the gym etc, I hope that can narrow the issue down.  Are you 100% sure you have Gyne?

Kris :)

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply, Kris.  I am certainly sure I have gyne and have been for about 2-3 years now.  I have big puffy nipples and larger than normal breasts and I can feel gland under all of this flesh.  And as for the marijuana use, I dont know if it made the breasts grow more but it certainly got me into bad habits that likely made it worse and it also got me thinking about it way more than I would have if I didnt do it   :-\.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 09:12:37 AM by funkytown69 »

Offline finallygotitdone

• Posting Member
Hey Funky ,
We sound alot alike if you read my story . I undrstand what you are going through and how hard it actually was . Although I was afflicted with this I ,chose the right path when it came to being a good part of society like yourself , going to school and trying to suceed even though gyne does try to hold you back in my opinion .
Im 33 now and ive sufferd too , I now had my surgery done 2days ago , and I do feel better about myself already , looking down and not seeing boobs . They took a pound of tissue from each side of my chest. All I can say is keep your head up and dont let it get you too much.

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
Hey Funky ,
We sound alot alike if you read my story . I undrstand what you are going through and how hard it actually was . Although I was afflicted with this I ,chose the right path when it came to being a good part of society like yourself , going to school and trying to suceed even though gyne does try to hold you back in my opinion .
Im 33 now and ive sufferd too , I now had my surgery done 2days ago , and I do feel better about myself already , looking down and not seeing boobs . They took a pound of tissue from each side of my chest. All I can say is keep your head up and dont let it get you too much.

Thanks, dude.  I actually read your story and felt I could relate very closely like many of the stories on this site.  It is a hard life to lead with gyne but I guess there is a light at the end of the tunnel ^^.

Offline boobs-no-more

• Posting Member
morning :)

one piece of advice - stop spending money on learning to drive, and start paying for surgeory! Its the best thing out there to beat this! However, I would also try to lose weight first as I'm sure it would be hard the for the surgeon to know how much to remove and stuff.

Anyway, sorry to hear your story, but it can be turned around :)

The board is here for you,

rick

xxx

Offline deja911

• Posting Member
i'm in south florida myself, and can relate to your situation.. nearly identical.

shot you a message

Offline FREE@LAST

• Posting Member
dude i feel ur pain! i have not removed my shirt in public more than 5 times in my entire life. My gyne has dictated most everything in my life since grade school. It has made me adapt to others around me for so long...... I sometimes dont know who i am.... but im happy to say that i am 6 days post op and and im ready to start living my life!......GOD SPEED MY MAN AND KNOW THAT ALL WILL BE WELL DOWN THE ROAD.
 ;D ;D ;D
I FEEL UR PAIN DOG!

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07
Im in the same boat as everyone else  on this board  I got made fun of in my school years and I used to always walk around hunched over trying to hide my pointy chest I never understood why my chest was pointy and everyone elses wasnt and I wasnt even fat I was about 150lbs  I always thought I had to do more pushups but that didnt work  I never had an attractive girlfriend not because i could not get one but because I was afraid she would laugh at me  and tell all her friends about my  chest. Gyne has pretty much ripped me to shreds mentally. I  have a consult with a ps in November so the battle with gyne is hopefully about to end with me 

Offline NorCALSpeed

• Posting Member
  • Selling rocks for surgery bitches.
Definitely hit the gym. I had my surgery yesterday actually, and the Dr. kept saying because I was so lean I would have a good result. Ive been dedicated to lifting for about 4 years now, and had a good Y shape going, but the puffy nipples and extra gland would not go away. The reason I say lift first, surgery second is then the doc. can see what is gland and what is fat, and he can contour your pecs more. Mine left a tiny bit of gland in because otherwise my chest would have a concave shape (i have big pec muscles though). So if you get surgery first, they'll do a lot of lypo, and remove (maybe) all the gland. Then you'll work out and lose the weight, and your chest will look totally different, possibly in a negative way. Get in shape first, because even if you get surgery, you're still overweight and might remain self conscious. Id look at the next year as a great opportunity to 1. save money and 2. drop Lbs. Getting a job at a gym is a great idea, and good motivation as well. And by working at it and having a solid diet, attention will be drawn away from the Gyne, to your arms, shoulders, etc. And weed has nothing to do with growth, it's kind of an old wives tale, but is more related to the weight gain associated with the munchies. I know plenty of ripped surfers at home that blaze all the time and don't have a chest like mine. Good luck, stay on point with diet and exercise, and save up for surgery.

Offline nipple_souffle

• Posting Member
Having a family member totally put you down because of your gyne must be really painful. I couldnt imagine that... I hope everything works out. Try to sacrifice things you spend money on and save up for you operation! If I lived in Flordia, I would pay you a visit and take your mind of this damn condition. Hang in there budddy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024