Author Topic: Man, being patient is REALLY hard...  (Read 6408 times)

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
I had my surgery last Thursday and I'm 4 days post-op right now and all I want is the final results.  I've been browsing this forum for a while and I learned that patience is key during the post-op period, but I never knew that it would be so hard and mentally exhausting.  I have some swelling and barely and bruising, but the scar tissue seems to be forming. I saw my chest the day after surgery and my nipples were damn near perfectly flat, yet today they are developing a slight puffiness to them.  Don't get me wrong, my chest looks great and I can finally see the muscle definition that never used to be there, but I guess it's natural to be worried about the puffy nipples coming back.  I know I need to wait it out for another 3+ months to appreciate the results, but it really is a difficult struggle.  I'm not a very patient person  :D.

It's just nice that this board is here and all of the support that the members and doctors bring to it is just amazing.  I'll be posting some post-op pics soon...probably within the next few days.

p.s. - Wearing this compression garment in 80 degree weather really sucks...a lot.

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
You'll be fine, man. I promise. Just give it time (6-8 months).
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
dude at-least u got ur surgery, I am waiting another 5 months before I can even start my surgery steps... lol
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline MSJ108

I hear you Twin. I have some swelling and ripples in the skin that is distorting the appearance my chest ( i hope that's what it is). We just gotta hang tight as we heal.

ps. as sensation comes back my nipples are puffing out alittle bit more as well compared to the first couple days post op.

Offline MSJ108

FYI

Temporary Lumpiness
Temporary lumpiness and bumpiness is common after liposuction. This condition becomes noticeable within one to two weeks after surgery and becomes most pronounced between two to four weeks after surgery. This temporary lumpiness is the result of the normal healing process after liposuction. The intensity and duration of this condition can be minimized using open-drainage and bimodal-compression.

from
http://www.liposuction.com/safety/common_minor.php

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member

ps. as sensation comes back my nipples are puffing out alittle bit more as well compared to the first couple days post op.

Yeah, mine have puffed out a bit also. They aren't as big as they were pre-op but they are still puffy nonetheless.  It's so cruel how our bodies play tricks on us like this during the healing process  :D

Offline atomicmonkey15

• Posting Member
yah i am having trouble with this whole "patience" concept too.  for something i have waited so long to do, im suprised how impatient i have gotten towards the end... i guess my frustration is all coming out now.  but keep ur head up man and try ur hardest not to think about it.

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
FYI

Temporary Lumpiness
Temporary lumpiness and bumpiness is common after liposuction. This condition becomes noticeable within one to two weeks after surgery and becomes most pronounced between two to four weeks after surgery. This temporary lumpiness is the result of the normal healing process after liposuction. The intensity and duration of this condition can be minimized using open-drainage and bimodal-compression.

from

so basically you have to wait a month for the tissue to start resolving

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Post op SUCKS...I too am wishing my life away waiting for healing to be complete.  2 months out of 8 so far
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline MSJ108

FYI

Temporary Lumpiness

from

so basically you have to wait a month for the tissue to start resolving

maybe even longer

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Yeah, I keep telling myself that this 6-12 period of annoyance will be 100 times better than the past 10 years with gyne. 

Offline MSJ108

Yeah, I keep telling myself that this 6-12 period of annoyance will be 100 times better than the past 10 years with gyne. 

I am seeing changes in my chest on a daily basis. Swelling decreasing in some areas and others not so much. Hang in there!

Offline Vonsteelo

• Posting Member
Just got my lipo 2 days ago, I'm chillin in a hotel thinking a lot of the same concerns Im reading in here. $4,150 is a lot of cash for me. I've only taken off the compression garment once and I'm not to extremely thrilled so far. The swelling issue right? I hope so, my doctor at this point doesn't have to do or say much before I want to give him a beat down. He was a little insensitive and didn't provide any real assurance either. So I have to drive three hours home today, alone, with this compression "bra" on, Im stressed...I'll be glued to this chat room for awhile. i would post some pics, but I live alone so I don't think I could get any good angels. Anyone have bad stretch marks because of their gyno? I developed some bad ones up and down my sides this last year. The only way I imagine being comfortable with my shirt off is if I get all tatted up with some crazy tribal stuff, I can dig that! :P 

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
i got my surgery 2 days ago.... i was hoping to go swimming around august... is that a realistic goal?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You should be able to go swimming in Aug. As we all heal at different rates, you'll need to listen to your body while swimming... If you feel any pain what-so-ever, you should stop swimming and limit yourself to a bit of wading...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024