Author Topic: Harley Medical Bristol  (Read 2451 times)

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
I'm seriously considering getting breast reduction surgery within the next couple of weeks in time for university (I'm 25 years old, going later than usual but not a teenager so this will not go away by itself!)

I'm thinking of getting a loan for £4000 and just going for it asap. But this is not a spur of the moment thing, I have had gyne for a long time now and it is really affecting me. I'm fairly thin so I know that losing weight will not help. I have just been diagnosed with clinical depression and i really think this is a big part of it.

Although my gyne is not as severe as some cases on here it is really affecting my life. It is more about the puffy nipples than the extra size but that is also an issue.

Even though the loan would be 80 quid a month for the next 5 years i really think it would change my life and fill me with confidence.

should I just go for it? has anyone got any experience with harley medical (especially bristol)??
Surgery with Dr. Karidis, 16th August 2011: currently recovering  https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23731.0

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Sorry to hear its affected you so much mate, it has much more of a psychological impact than people realise!

Honestly, if you feel is the only main source of your depression, in my opinion I would get the surgery. I think a lot of the guys on here, including myself have had surgery with Alex Karidis in London and I don't regret it at all (although I'm only 13 days post op) I haven't heard much about harley medical so I cant really comment I'm afraid.

The money was a big big issue for me, I kept thinking how much money I was going to be spending on it but then I thought if this means I'm free of man moobs for the rest of my life and it will improve my mental state then its a small price to pay.

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
Hey, thanks for the reply :)
How much did you pay with Karidis? because someone said 3850, but i rang them and they said probably 4200 - 5000 quid, do you think the prices have gone up?
money is an issue for me also but i have just applied for a loan and fingers crossed i'll get it, but i'm actually really dreading getting rejected for it cos it will take me years to save up :(

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Karidis was £4173, you pay a £1k deposit when you book the surgery. The consultation was £75 and if you need to get a blood test with them its £130 but I just got the nurse to do it at my GP's surgery and that was free. It does sound like a lot of money, because it is I guess, so much so I wasn't honest with my parents about it and my mum is who I took with me for the surgery.

Just say you need the loan to buy a car or something dude. Have you anyone in your family that you might be able to share your problem with that could lend you the money?

Thing is, I'm biased mate, there are other cheaper options, such as going abroad, like poland for instance. The reason why I went with Karidis and spent the extra cash is that I'd seen his work on this board and heard many good things. I guess its ultimately up to you to choose which route you want to go down. Do your research and make an informed decision :-)

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
well if its £4173 then thats fine but if it was to go up to 5000 for some reason i would be screwed
I know what you mean man, it's better to spend a bit more and get a decent job done, i mean it is your body and you have to live with it!
when you asked for the blood test at your gp what did you say?

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Good news mate, I doubt it would go up that much, depends how long I guess you wait to get it done. Yeah, definitely good to get a good job.

Well mate, to tell you the truth, my mum rand up and got me the appointment, not sure what she said. Think she just said I needed a blood test and they told me to bring the letter in that I got sent with the blood test requirements on it. At my surgery its the nurse who does the blood tests anyway, not the GP so she just got me an appointment with the nurse. Hope that helps dude.

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
Cheers for the info dude :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024