Author Topic: Hello- first timer here  (Read 1373 times)

Offline hawkdaboo3

• Posting Member
Hi guys. I am a 32 year old male and just found out and confirmed I got the gyno.... man boobs. Over the past 3-4 weeks I noticed fairly solid painful lump in my left breast
right behind the nipple. I saw my primary doc and got a mammogram & ultrasound- and they confirmed it is gyno and not breast cancer (I suppose that is 'good news'?).
Both breasts have gyno- left one is more prominent. It is still only grade 1- slight swelling especially in the left breast- but it HURTS LIKE HELL! (i have no clue how women deal with all these boob issues)

I like to really workout and exercise. I run about 5-6 miles, swim, lift weights, do yoga and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (involuntary yoga). During my BJJ class last week, as we were doing some drills for knee-bars, my training partner just briefly bumped my chest and I wanted to SCREAM... it is bit absurd. I have been googling for treatment, garments and support wear etc and I want to see if Tamoxifen & maybe TRT could help. Some of the studies I came across said Tamoxifen can be effective for painful tender boobs... 
I also been searching for a bra & support wear - it is confusing as hell trying to decipher this womanese stuff like bra sizes & styles. I also tried some compression shirts like the Esteem one but it just digs into my armpit. And half the bras I ordered online felt either too small, or the cups were way too big! And trying to put one on- especially with those clasps is crazy...
I desperately need support- just running like 5 minutes I feel like my chest is about to fall off. It is really painful. I can feel the boobs bounce and pull though it is only like an A cup. And my nipples have become very sore. 
I finally dug up enough courage to walk into Lane Bryant nearby women store and got a sports bra. It was bit awkward but I did it! The sales clerk was very helpful and measured me briefly and helped me find a suitable sports bra (said I was a 20/22 or something...). Now I have 2 or 3 decent sports bras at least. And although I still feel some tugging and a little bounce, it is nowhere the same amount. 

I am hoping to get a referral from my Primary Doctor to see an endocrinologist - and hopefully get some Tamoxifen or something. And I pray my breasts don't grow any more - want to develop my pec muscles not my boobs.

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
Hi guys. I am a 32 year old male and just found out and confirmed I got the gyno.... man boobs. Over the past 3-4 weeks I noticed fairly solid painful lump in my left breast
right behind the nipple. I saw my primary doc and got a mammogram & ultrasound- and they confirmed it is gyno and not breast cancer (I suppose that is 'good news'?).
Both breasts have gyno- left one is more prominent. It is still only grade 1- slight swelling especially in the left breast- but it HURTS LIKE HELL! (i have no clue how women deal with all these boob issues)

I feel your pain.  10 years ago I experienced what you are dealing with, a very painful left breast.  I had a mammogram and confirmed it was not cancer, but rather gyno in both breasts.  More pronounced in the left.  I wore sports bras for several years.  The growth of my breasts made those uncomfortable, so got fitted for several bras which were much better for long term use.  For the most part, I am used to them and don't give wearing a bra much thought.

Now, 10 years later, I have a very painful area behind my right areola.  I am back in boob hell again.  Due to covid, my mammogram is scheduled for May.  If I remember right, the pain in my left breast lasted about 5 months.  if I'm right, then I only have 2 months before everything settles down.  I hope yours gets better soon.  

Offline hawkdaboo3

• Posting Member
Well I had my checkup with the endocrinologist and she does not know what could be causing it.
She mentioned i have a 'hypoechoic' mass on my left breast (which is the most tender). 
she want to refer me to plastic surgeon- i do not know if that would be an option for me as i don't think insurance would cover such surgeries.

I have gotten bit more used to wearing a bra but it definitely bugs me that my left breast is super tender especially around the nipple - where the mass is.
And also my left breast is quite bit bigger than my right breast which annoy me. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024