Author Topic: The Worst Years of My Life: Growing Up with Gynecomastia  (Read 16573 times)

Offline unknownrandom

• Posting Member
amazing story...  It sounds just like my life.  I am always trying to cover it up, pull my shirt forward, cross my arms, whatever...  I really don't know what too do myself.  I am pretty sure I can't afford surgery, plus im a bit scared of it because of the scars and stuff..

anyway good luck in your surgery.  your story was very touching. 

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Brian...

Good Luck with your OP on Friday!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ColdPizza

• Posting Member
Truly an inspiring story... if only I could build up the courage to tell my parents...

great luck with the surgery bro.

Offline bdj148

• Posting Member
Brian...

Good Luck with your OP on Friday!

John.

Turns out I was wrong when I posted and my operation is tomorrow at 7:30 AM.  Woops.  :P

Wish me luck guys.  I'll post before and after pics when I can.

Offline bdj148

• Posting Member
Well, 2nd day post op and I'm here to say that the difference is pretty huge.  I'm feeling relatively no pain, there's almost 0 bruising, and I haven't even been needing the pain meds all that much.  My chest is a lot flatter (not completely flat, but that might be due to the fact that I have a decent amount of muscle underneath, and there's a little swelling that's inevitable).  I've got some preop and post op pics on my camera, but the official ones will be done after my pre-op appointment on the 5th.

My only concern now is how large my nipples are going to be.  There wasn't any reduction in their size, and they were larger than I'd like preop.  I figured, however, that with the removal of the glandular tissue that the size would reduce.  I based this conclusion off of the tons of post-op pictures that I looked at.

Otherwise, big success thus far.  Of course it's hard to say that after 2 days :P But as much as a success as it can be.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Congrats, and welcome to the boobless side!  I think you're right about the nipple size.  Typically, the areolas will shrink somewhat without the gland pressing and stretching it out.  Take care of yourself and keep us posted!  :)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
BDJ148, excellent story.  I read the whole thing.

I too am in college.  I have a question for you, man.  Do people at school know you're getting the surgery?  I would get the surgery too, but I honestly can't imagine the social consequences of people knowing about it.  A lot of my friends are pricks and would be brutal about it, no doubt.

Offline bdj148

• Posting Member
BDJ148, excellent story.  I read the whole thing.

I too am in college.  I have a question for you, man.  Do people at school know you're getting the surgery?  I would get the surgery too, but I honestly can't imagine the social consequences of people knowing about it.  A lot of my friends are pricks and would be brutal about it, no doubt.

I told several people about it, but only people that I'm very, very close to.  I'm in a fraternity, as previously mentioned, so if I told any of them about the surgery the social consequences would be huge.  As of right now, in all of my social circles only 4 people know I had the surgery, and I wish I hadn't told one of them as much as I did.  Thankfully, she's not the kind of person to make things awkward, and she's had problems with her self-esteem in terms of her body in the past so she understands.

But yeah.  I found it very therapeutic to talk to people that I feel close to about it, and relate my horrible past to them.  Really, there's nothing that feels better than a friend to talk to.  Some of my friends came the day of my surgery and took care of me. :)

Just tell who you can trust, and don't tell anyone else.

I also noticed something kinda interesting about my gynecomastia.  As soon as I posted here and told my parents, it did feel like a weight was lifted off of me.  But on top of that, as time progressed and I began telling the people I was close to about my past, I began to feel like it wasn't as huge of a deal as I thought.  I realized that I needed to have it done for myself, but through all of my conversing I began to understand that there are far more important things in life than worrying all day if someone is looking at my chest.  I know it's hard to open up about something, but find someone to talk to.  And talk about it as much as you need to.  Once you take that step, your life will become whole levels beyond where it was.

edit:  I'll also be posting my before/after shots later tonight once I get my camera software setup.  If you guys are impressed with the results that I got from the surgery, I'll post my surgeon's contact info in the appropriate places and here.

I also want to say just how amazing it feels to put on a shirt that I wore before Thanksgiving and, even with the foam underneath the vest, it fits me.  I need to go buy new clothes. ;D

edit2:  Post op pics here!  I'll post them in the other forum too.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 12:15:44 AM by bdj148 »

Offline lou d

• Posting Member
wuts up man im new here and i read your story i felt and feel exactly how u felt i will never go to the beach or pool and if im with a girl gettin busy i wont take my shirt off but i feel like there will be a time when a girl will ask "why dont you take your shirt off " so i dunno what to do i just seen this sight today with a pill that supposobly can fix the problem but these days theres so much fake stuff i dunno if the product is real but its called 'diet aid of questionable value' anyways so how do u feel and loook now ? your chest looked like how mine is now well hit me up if u can thanx

Offline lou d

• Posting Member
this is how i look ........

i actually like the way they look when im cold ......

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Lou, your case is pretty similar to mine.  I say just get the surgery man.  I wish I had done it years ago during a summer when I was unemployed.  The problem for me now is that I've got the military coming up soon and I won't be able to get it done at any foreseeable time.

Offline lou d

• Posting Member
i heard bout these pillls there like 70 buckes a bottle callled 'diet aid of questionable value' can anyone do research to see if they really work ?? supposbly it can harden your chest as long as you follow the steps it gives you

Offline bdj148

• Posting Member
i heard bout these pillls there like 70 buckes a bottle callled 'diet aid of questionable value' can anyone do research to see if they really work ?? supposbly it can harden your chest as long as you follow the steps it gives you

I have a car to sell you.

Haha, but seriously, check your PM's.  I think judging by the name even, the pills themselves don't believe they work.

And Wayne, I've heard of a several military people who had the surgery on another forum I visit (SA, for those who know what that is) who even got the military to pay for the surgery.  So yeah, who knows?  With the new 'surge' in Iraq, you might be able to get a free op.  Military surgeons can be some of the best, too.   ;D

Offline Zdew

• Posting Member
Wow this story is exaclty how I feel. Thanks for sharing!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024