Author Topic: Consultation with Levick booked 08/10/12 .Now with pics (pre/post)  (Read 13755 times)

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
Looks good man.

Hope your doing well. I'm rolling along with running & v small amounts of weights/etc. :)

Offline jmdc

• Posting Member
Cheers bud. Hope youre doing well. The post pics are from the day i removed Levicks bandages. Swimming is def a great idea. Not got the confidence to do that myself yet either. This whole process is strange and gives rise to a lot of conflicting thoughts/feelings. Are you planning on seeing Levick again at all?

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
Hi,

Things are ticking along fine. I am doing about 3 runs/week. not much weight training or anything though (just a little).

I have some mild soreness... I think this is just the nerves growing back because my nip/chest feel less numb aswell. I still wear the comp vest when running.

Of course all the gyn shit still stays in my head somewhat....but I feel alot better. Actually I feel really good about the decision to have the surgery.

I'm not sure I would bother returning for a follow up unless there was something really bad going on....I have a small amount of loose skin but its nothing much & might just need time.

How is that scar tissue - are you gonna see levick about it?

Offline jmdc

• Posting Member
Hey the scar tissue is really softening up now dude. You can still see it though but im not too worried about it tbh. Ive got some mild soreness around and under the nips! Im not sure if this is just them waking up or not?

U had anymore thoughts on swimming yet? Want to go myself but would rather wait for the rhs to sort itself out first. Im going to book in with levick in the next couple of weeks i think. Apart from that alls good! lookin forward to summer ( if we actually get one this year!?!?)

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
SWIMMING = Done :)

I went to the Olympic sized pool we have here. I was super nervous - almost as much as when I had my operation - shaking like a leaf. I took my top off & quickly bundled all my clothes into the locker - but then I couldn't work the key/lock because I can't see shit without glasses ! I had to ask a woman who was stood nearby.

It was apparent early on that nobody was looking at my body or anything.

Once I was in the pool it was all good.

It was amazing, there is a liesure pool & olympic size one, so I did 1.5hours of lengths in the big pool - then chilled in the other one afterwards.

I saw lots of varying degrees of gyno around aswell.... the guy who started swimming in the lane next to me had medium gyn...when he dived into the pool he swam like a professional - blasting down the lengths & doing those flips etc.....

Its great to know that I can exercise my upper-body in an enjoyable way - I really hate press-ups/bench-presses. I might start with 2 or 3 x 1 hour sessions/week alternating with my existing running schedule.

First swim in over 20 YEARS !!!!!!!!

Go for it - its good fun.

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
Hope your doing ok - haven't seen any posts from you - I hope thats a good sign.

Offline jmdc

• Posting Member
Hi mate. I havent had any internet access for a while. Im good thanks, congrats on swimming! sounds excellent. Still got a bit of swelling/tissue on rhs but is going slowly. Tbh i dont think about it much at all. hows things with you?

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
Cheers, yeh all good - I'm liking wearing t-shirts (when the f'ing sun comes out). Can't say I don't think about it - but im happy with the results.

Thinking of the half-marathon now.....running is going good :)

Take care.

Offline jmdc

• Posting Member
T-shirts out the last week or so! Makes a f*&^in change mate! :-) Went swimming last week for first time in a long time. Half marathon sounds good tho, kudos to u my friend. Take care and enjoy any sun we might see.

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
I think swimming is a milestone of sorts; well done.

I've done some hiking & swimming in the sea today; something I dreamed of from the cliff-tops as i passed by these beautiful beaches in Gower. Epic day.

My left nip has some 'thing' when I flex but I never worry about it; moreso toning up my stomach :)

Freedom is greater & I buy new t-shirts all the time. love it.

Best to you.

Cheers.

Offline jmdc

• Posting Member
Hey tpuk, hows things? cant believe its almost a year gone now. Gyne feels like a thing of the past, well and truly. ive still got a little scar tissue under my right nip and will be going to see mr Levick in a couple of weeks to see if it needs a bit of cortisone injected, its not something that bothers me really but might as well have it sorted.

All the best, hope you're well bud ;)

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
1 year today.

Results are fine here, I still dont believe its gone, I still feel my chest sometimes when I wake up =- thinking shiz, but theres nothing there. I never did develop any scar tissue or anything. I emailed Levick to say cheers - he seemed pleased.

I must have bought about 20 t-shirts this summer. :)

Hope your doing good man.

Did you have an injection?

Cheers.

Offline jmdc

• Posting Member
Hi dude yeah got injection has sorted it 90%. will be going back for last shot in a couple of weeks. Hows thing with u?

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
Just thought I'd look in here as I can't sleep yet.... I'm doing the dry January thing so no booze.

Still all good for me re: results. I spent summer rambling around the hills with no t-shirt ( still a bit shy ). Chest is totally flat & its nice to get some sun.

Hope you & everybody are doing ok. Glad those injections worked well for you. I never had any scar tissue at all. I'm happy about that cos I'm a worrier !

Best.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024