Author Topic: What is normal to feel under the areola?  (Read 1246 times)

Offline VanLaing84

• Posting Member
Long time fin user, and I wasn't aware that gyno could be caused by while I was on it initially.  Now that I'm back on it, I'm a little worried what it might have done, and what it might do now.  I don't have a hard disk, but below my aureoles, I can feel like connective tissue, or small tapiaoca balls at times.  What is normal to feel there, and what is not.

What do the pebbles that are glandular feel like, and does everyone have them to an extent?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 04:07:17 PM by VanLaing84 »

Offline VanLaing84

• Posting Member
am I safe to assume that with the lack of responses but w/ views, I'm just freaking myself out?

Offline chaos_agent

• Posting Member
  • rolling with the punches
am I safe to assume that with the lack of responses but w/ views, I'm just freaking myself out?

i'm relatively new to the forum. i've found that it sometimes takes a little time before there are responses to posts. so give it some time. there are usually not alot of people logged in at one time.

as for your question, i'm interested myself what responses you get.

Offline KP

• Posting Member
Sorry but I can't understand your question. There must of have been a computer glitch when you wrote this up. 
Rewrite it please. 

Offline VanLaing84

• Posting Member

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
Mine have feeling SORT OF LIKE A SMALL SUCTION CUP THOUGH THEY ARE SOFT.. I TAKE FIN EVERY DAY SO I CAN PEE. I THINK IN MY CASE I TOOK PREDNISONE 60MG FOR OVER A YEAR THAT WAS WHY MINE WENT TO GROWING. THAT WAS 10 YEARS AGO.
 My caps have been stuck on. Ok for now, did it yesterday too.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Virtually everyone feels their breasts or nipples and attempts to ascribe it to fat or breast tissue.  Bottom line is that gynecomastia is defined as "any excess tissue on a male chest"   (no matter whether it be fat or breast tissue).  Please read my discussion on "pseudo-gynecomastia" in the Patient Galleries section on this website.

Thus, that excess tissue is usually made up of some amount of fat as well as breast tissue, in some ratio.  Feeling your chest in an attempt to feel pure breast tissue is truly a fool's errand -- even my experienced hands can rarely tell the difference because oftentimes breast tissue can be soft and fat tissue can feel firm -- or somewhere in-between for both.  I think you get the picture.

Many guys tend to reassure themselves that if their chest is "only fat", that they don't need to worry (or have surgery) because they don't have gynecomastia (untrue) and that they can get rid of the pure fat by diet and exercise (also untrue).  And many guys will attest to the fact that even if they diet and exercise to the extreme, their moobs will persist (although they may get slightly smaller).

Therefore, to my mind, it makes absolutely no sense to feel one's chest and try to determine if you have gynecomastia.  If there is any excess tissue there, you got it!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024