Author Topic: Went to doctor, proved fairly worthless  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Porcupine_tree

• Posting Member
I finally got a family doctor and an appointment. I went to see him today and explained to him my situation. He was familiar with gynecomastia but basically told me there was nothing he could do about it which I guess is true but he didn't even give me any advice or starting points or anything. Luckily I got alot of info on these boards over the years and I'd like to take this chance and thank everyone on here for all the help. I DID get his secretary to give me an endocronologists phone number so I could make an appointment and test my hormons. Does anyone know how this is done? What is the procedure? If I tell the doctor there that I have gynecomastia and that I would like my hormons checked out will he even know what I'm talking about? At the same time this is happening, I have to face my digestive track problems and get liquid shot up my ass so that's not going to be very pleasant at all. I didn't want that happening until I was at least 50. I'm not even 20 yet for f*cks sake.

Something interesting my girlfriend told me: When she bought a dell laptop, they told her that if she had the airmiles card, they would give her 2000 air miles or something. This could be VERY useful as I'd have to travel to toronto at least twice to see fielding.

So does anyone have any comments/advice for me? I'm going to directly call fielding sometime after I get my endo results.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
...Does anyone know how this is done? What is the procedure? If I tell the doctor there that I have gynecomastia and that I would like my hormons checked out will he even know what I'm talking about?

OF COURSE he/she will know what your talking about!! Endos are familiar with gyne, now if the endo you visit doesn't know about it, run for your life!!

The hormones test procedure is simple... they'll just take a blood sample and that's it. You have to make sure they test:

LH
Total/serum Testosterone
Free testosterone (as well if possible)
SHBG
Estradiol
Prolactin
TSH
Free T3

I'm sure you'll be a little (or extreamly) scared or nervous by this doc appointment... but don't worry, it's the start of the end!! :p

Offline Porcupine_tree

• Posting Member
Thanks I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I'll write this down and bring it in but I always feel as if they'd look at me thinking 'look not a nice person i went to school for a decade I think I know what to test' but I want to be real sure. I guess this is the first step to recovery. Thanks alot.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
You're welcome. You'll notice you'll begin to feel better about yourself once you make the first step! It's so weird, but it's like that, once you get a surgery appointment, you'll start feeling like gyne is going away.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024