Author Topic: Hardness on chest 4.5 weeks post op  (Read 2505 times)

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
Hello. On one side of my chest it is more swollen than the other and it is hard when you touch it. I am 4.5 weeks post op and I had excision and lipo. I want to know if anyone else experienced this hardness. It's not abnormally bigger than the other chest but just slightly. It does not hurt when you touch it. Thanks!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Firmness of the chest is a normal occurrence after surgery -- it usually starts around 2-4 weeks after the operation,  Asymmetry of the chest is another thing -- there are a number of possible causes.  This is something that you should discuss with your own surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
Firmness of the chest is a normal occurrence after surgery -- it usually starts around 2-4 weeks after the operation,  Asymmetry of the chest is another thing -- there are a number of possible causes.  This is something that you should discuss with your own surgeon.

Dr Jacobs

Thank you for your response.

I also noticed which started a couple of days ago that the nipple on this side of the chest is starting to get slightly puffy. Is this normal and if so will it go down on it's own?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The usual cause of firmness or a lump under the nipple several weeks after surgery is the growth of scar tissue.  Best to confirm this with your surgeon.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024