Author Topic: Deciding on a doctor? How do you narrow it down/compare them?  (Read 3186 times)

Offline darth_kid

• Posting Member
I was wondering how people do this?

I mean there are plastic surgeons everywhere and there are dozens in some areas like where I live at.

What is a good way of narrowing down your decisions without scheduling months worth of appointments?

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
Best bet, use doctors that have been discussed on the board.  That way you can verify their results with real people.  I'm fairly certain that you can find someone that has used a Dr. in your area and that would be a good place to start.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
What is a good way of narrowing down your decisions without scheduling months worth of appointments?

First, make sure that the PS's that you are considering, have impeccable credentials.

Second, arrange for consultations.

Third, choose the surgeon who you get the best 'vibe' from. For peace of mind, you have to trust your surgeon. If you don't like him/her at the onset during the consult, then you'll most likely be uncomfortable with him/her cutting you open.

Also, make sure that the surgeon you are considering, performs GRS on a frequent basis...

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline darth_kid

• Posting Member
What's a good indicator about their credentials?

Can I simply look at what they claim on their website or should I use a specific website/service or something?

Offline darth_kid

• Posting Member
shynner, how much did that cost you and where did you go?

I live in Virginia btw.

Offline darth_kid

• Posting Member
Yeah I saw that about the doctor.  I'm just worried he'll be like $6000 or something when someone else can do just as good a job for $4k or $5k.

Offline JeepKuntry

• Posting Member
Darth, if you live in Virginia I would go to Dr. Bermant hands down.  He has a website devoted to gyno that is very imformative.  Don't try to poorboy this procedure.  If you need a revision like I'm going to you will not have saved any money.  I wish I knew Dr. Bermant was that close, I would have went with him.  May if I can ever get the money to do a revision.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024