Author Topic: Hormones and other stuff  (Read 1733 times)

Offline gust

• Posting Member
I went to see my GP a few days ago about the gyne.  She told me that I do have gyne and has referred me to an endocrinologist who I'll be seeing in about a week.  She also ordered a mammogram for me because I have lumps.  I've been assuming that the lumps were just gland, but from what she told me, and from what I've read online, gland is usually behind the nipple and disk shaped.  Mine are like hard little balls off to the sides of my nipples, that can move around if you pinch them.  So I'm kinda concerned about that.  From what I've read online, I think they could be fibroadenomas, but that's just a guess.  Hopefully it's not something more serious, (I don't get the test for another few weeks.)
My GP also did some blood work, which came back normal.  She only tested for testosterone (622 ng/dL,) LH (4.4 mIU/mL,) & FSH (3.7 mIU/mL.)  These are all in the normal range.  I'm gonna have more extensive bloodwork done by the endo, but in the past, I've had blood work done, (estrogen, prolactin, along with others,) and all the results have been normal then too.  But it seems to me like hormones are probably at the root of my problems.  I had a vasectomy a few years ago, and I also had a testicular torsion as a child, both of which I've learned can cause hypogonadism.  Hypo-is-here, if you're reading this, I took the symptomatic test you posted on a previous thread:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,8319.0.html
I scored a 48, which I'm assuming is pretty high.  So, what I'm wondering is whether or not I could have/have had hypogonadism even with normal blood work.  Don't hormone levels fluctuate?  Could it be that maybe for a few months at a time, my testosterone is really low or my estrogen really high, and then things go back to normal, but that I'm stuck with the symptoms?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024