Author Topic: My Gynecomastia - any advice?  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Kerpal

• Posting Member
I've had it since I was 13, I'm 21 now, so I don't think they're going to go away on their own.  I'm about 6'0 and 180 lbs.  My nipples are very large and puffy and I can feel hard lumps underneath them, they feel like they're between a marble and a golf ball in size.  Sometimes they ache, but when I was younger they used to ache a lot worse and a lot more often.  Now it only happens occasionally.  I think I may just need excision and not any liposuction.

They are very visible under a tshirt and even with sweaters on, so I've developed really bad posture by walking around with my shoulders stooped forward all the time to try to hide them.  Haven't taken my shirt off in front of anyone in years.  I got picked on a lot in high school for it, gym class was a traumatizing experience for me.  The weird thing is that when I get cold, like when I'm getting out of the shower, they shrink down and look almost normal.  But as soon as I heat up again they go back to being puffy.

I was never in very good shape but I've been working out a lot in the past year or so and have gotten into pretty good shape, my body fat is pretty low, I can pull a 2.25 bodyweight deadlift, do 15+ pullups at once, and do 100 burpees in under 7 minutes, but my nipples have not changed at all, they look exactly like they did before the first time I ever walked into a gym. 

I'm working up the nerve to ask my parents to help me pay for surgery.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:44:39 AM by Kerpal »

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
congrats on getting in shape, you look great. i would recommend surgery (gland excision) for  you as you should get perfect chest post-op

Offline Kerpal

• Posting Member
Do you think I will only need excision?  Any idea how much it would cost?  I know it varies but any idea on a rough amount?

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
I would say between 3 and 6k.  You dont seen to have a very bad case, but unfortunately thats not where the cost comes from.  From your pics and the pics on this forum, it looks like you will have excellent results if you go to a compitent PS.

Offline Kerpal

• Posting Member
I know a lot of people are probably saying "that's a very mild case", and it is compared to some on here, but the pictures make it look "flatter" than it really is, and when I shrunk the size of the pictures down to post them here, it also makes it look smaller.

Here are some other pictures I just took that illustrate how they are very visible through a T-shirt.  The bottom picture really show how visible they are.  You can even see them even when I put a sweater on.  That is why I always walk around with my shoulders stooped forward.  My parents are always nagging me to fix my posture and pull my shoulders back, put my chin up, etc., they don't understand why I have such poor posture all the time.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 02:43:21 PM by Kerpal »

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Looks how my case did.  You should have lipo along with excision.  I have very low body fat and had excision with lipo.  When the gland is taken out, there is a crevace created which should be contoured with lipo.  Got mine fixed for $3900, not a great surgeon though.  Do your research and look at pics of the docs previous work. 

What's a burpee?

Offline Kerpal

• Posting Member

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the hard lumps to me says just get excision, lipo would only be for touchup shaping if at all. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024