Author Topic: Post-op Question on swelling...  (Read 2332 times)

Offline hope1

• Posting Member
I am 11 days post op and I have noticed that one side is swelling more than the other. I know that swelling is normal, however, I am curious to find out about the normal progression of the swelling.

In my case, I have not swelled up much during the 5 first days post-op, but now, 11 days post-op, it seems that the swelling is a bit worst than it was one week ago. Is this normal ?

What have the other post-op guys observed ?

I am also wondering approximately (I know it varies on tons of factor - but anyway) how long has it taken for the swelling to go down (let's say 75% down) ?

help !

Offline rcbrown23

I'd would say, "yes" it's normal for the swelling to kick in after a few days. Lot's look great for a few days, then the swelling comes.

75%...8 weeks. Just a rough estimate.

Offline hope1

• Posting Member
Okay.  (thank for replying)
So after 8 weeks, it sort of went down to what it looked like those first few days post-op ?

Offline rcbrown23

Yes. A lot of doctors I talked to said that at the 3 month point, you'll be at about 90% of what it's going to look like. Then over the next 6 months, it changes just a little more.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I am 11 days post op and I have noticed that one side is swelling more than the other. I know that swelling is normal, however, I am curious to find out about the normal progression of the swelling.

What have the other post-op guys observed ?

I had major swelling on day 3, not sure about days one and two, as I still had the bandage on. Most of the swelling and bruising was gone by day 12.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'd would say, "yes" it's normal for the swelling to kick in after a few days. Lot's look great for a few days, then the swelling comes.

75%...8 weeks. Just a rough estimate.

8 weeks for a 75% of swelling reduction? Hmmm.... I know we all heal differently, but 8 weeks? Like I mentioned in the above post, all my swelling was gone at 12 day Post-Op.

John.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
hey guys anyone heard of cases where the person still has mild pain at 2 1/2 months post op??and if they we're still noticing improve,ments in the surgery?...thanx
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024