Author Topic: 15 year old one-sider  (Read 2788 times)

Offline mortis

• Posting Member
Ok, I'll save the long story here and get down to the point. I've been researching my condition for a while on the internet now and I know I have unilateral gynecomastia. I think it appeared around the time I was turning 14, and I'm turning 16 this month, so it's been there for about 2 years. I know it was onset by puberty; I've seen a doctor about it and all that, and he kind of avoided it when I asked when it would go away. But most of what I've looked at said it would disappear in 2-3 years. Is this true? Does anyone have experience with this? I've had no growth since about a year ago and the size of the lump and my right nipple have remained constant. My left side is completely normal by the way. So can anyone tell me the chances of my right breast returning to normal without toughing out high school until I can get surgery? Thanks.

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Not sure about your case in particular. But, as a rule... No, it's not going anywhere.. There are acceptions to the rule, but, it's a gland thing and it likely needs to be surgically removed. I'm sure there is a doc or two here that can much better help you out.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline mortis

• Posting Member

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Gynecomastia is oftentimes on both sides -- but one side only is not unusual.  It pays, however, to check the "normal" side as well, for sometimes there is tissue there as well -- only not as much as the larger side.

As a general rule, if the breast tissue has been present and stable for two years or more, then there is not much likelihood that it will disappear by itself -- it would require surgery.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline mortis

• Posting Member
It hasn't been really present and stable for quite two years yet. Damn it, my life would be so much better without gynecomastia getting in my way. I hate this..

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Damn it, my life would be so much better without gynecomastia getting in my way. I hate this..

I feel your pain Broh!

Hang in there... There is a light at the end of the tunnel.... ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mortis

• Posting Member
Damn it, my life would be so much better without gynecomastia getting in my way. I hate this..

I feel your pain Broh!

Hang in there... There is a light at the end of the tunnel.... ;)

GB

And where is that light?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

And where is that light?

You must not be far enough through the tunnel to be able to see it yet....  ;)

GB

Offline mortis

• Posting Member
I can't live with this for another 5 years.. that would be the amount of time, probably, before I could even think of getting surgery. It seems like it's not going away now so what else is left?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It seems like it's not going away now so what else is left?

Compression shirts my man!  ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024