Author Topic: Pathology Bill! OMG  (Read 3577 times)

Offline rashdudes

• Bronze Member
A whooping 550$ bill from the path lab  :o

It says Path Level 4 (the highest level) - each side about 225$

Does insurance cover this? Usually Pathology for non-cosmetic procedures is covered;
but does this apply to cosmetic procedures as well?

Please say yes  ;D

Offline MSJ108

The insurance company might have screwed up and coded it wrong. They are always messing up and not in your favor! Give them a call and discuss with them. Keep us posted. Good luck!

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
Largely depends on your insurance.  I know there was a posting where someone said their insurance covered it.  Mine did not pay anything, but what I do owe goes towards my annual deductable.  But at least, upon submitting it, one of the two bills when down from 295 to 150, as 150 was the allowed charge by the insurance (there were two pathology bills - one for 153 and one for 295).

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Hey, yeah I got a big pathology bill as well.  Was not as expensive as yours but yeah, a very nasty surprise in the mail 3 weeks later...
 >:(

Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline rashdudes

• Bronze Member
I sent the lab my insurance details. Now only time will tell.

Offline MSJ108

I sent the lab my insurance details. Now only time will tell.

let us know how it turns out

Offline rashdudes

• Bronze Member
Ahhh! what a relief!  Got the new bill from my insurance company today. 35$ only  ;)

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
hey guys do u go to your primary doctor first to get the refferal (that way its covered)

or do you go to the endo then tell ur insurance so they cover it. I have PPO (covered under my dad due to im still in school)

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
tell them your in the US illegally and to send the bill to the US taxpayers...   :'(

Offline MSJ108

Ahhh! what a relief!  Got the new bill from my insurance company today. 35$ only  ;)

Told ya. The insurance co. are always messing things up!

Offline MSJ108

hey guys do u go to your primary doctor first to get the refferal (that way its covered)

or do you go to the endo then tell ur insurance so they cover it. I have PPO (covered under my dad due to im still in school)

insurance policies vary. My primary sent me to blood work center with "prescription" for blood work.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024