Author Topic: Swimming  (Read 3912 times)

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
My surgery is on the 11th with fielding will I heal enouph to go swimming before the summer ends without the scars looking ridiculous?
Thanks a lot, its 7 days away and im already shiting my pants lol

Offline moobzSUck

• Posting Member
of course

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
It's probably best to wait at least 2 months before exposing your chest to the sun.  You don't want to end up with darkened scars. Don't forget the SPF 30!

Offline seeking_relief

• Posting Member
Ive heard of some people staying completely out of the sun for up to a year after there surgery, just to prevent from darkening there scars due to sun exposure. But you should be alrite, wait 2 or maybe 3 months, then be sure to pack on some serious sunscreen bro.

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
thanks guys if im one of the guys who heal fast ill put on the strongest sunscreen and a void just like lieing in the sun u know.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Yeah.  If you just take off your shirt and quickly get in the pool and don't lay outside on your back with no shirt, you should be just fine. 

Offline rockymnt

• Posting Member
If you get really anxious to swim just get yourself a pair of stripper pasties. My favorites are the stars or the ones with tassels. 100% uv protection of the nipple area haha.

Seriously im in the same boat. I have surgery next week and already cant wait for the beach.

Offline Pragmatic

• Posting Member
If you have to go get some sun, use the highest sunblock, not sunscreen. The highest that I found is 85. The previous poster is right about the scars turning darker. There's going to be quite a disturbance in your dermis and epidermis and you don't want the melanocytes to darken up in an strange pattern. It would undo much of your work and make your surgery more obvious. Take your girlfriend to an indoor pool.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It's probably best to wait at least 2 months before exposing your chest to the sun.  You don't want to end up with darkened scars. Don't forget the SPF 30!

Yeah, at least 2 months and 30+ sunblocker...  ;)

You're looking at mid-august dude...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024