Author Topic: Gyne or body fat?, age 16  (Read 4045 times)

Offline unbelievingteen

• Posting Member
Tell me what you think, all opinions and advice welcomed. Honestly I don't know if this is gyne a minor gyne, or if it's just body fat. I had a high body fat of 18% last time i checked, it should be significantly lower cause I have been eating and working out ALOT lately. I see my family doctor sometime this month and I'm going to consult him about it.

I'm 16 turning 17 next month on the 14th. I'm about 5'5 I weigh around 145 lbs.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
yes in my opinion you have it, i would say it's mild...but it's there..

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
That's definitely mild gyno.

Offline unbelievingteen

• Posting Member
I'm turning 17 next month as I have mentioned, do I still have chances of it going away and how long?

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
It's hard to tell....take more pics. But no...it won't go away. If you hate yourself now........get the op. If not, wait a year.

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
It might still go away, as 90% of pubertal gynecomastia resolves on it's own.

If it does it will probably take at least a year. Gyno isn't something that appears or disappears over night.

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
I don't think it looks that bad at all. It almost looks kind of muscular to me, even if it isn't. I don't think you have anything to be ashamed of...but mabye the pictures are not a good representation? It looks fine in the pics there to me--a little bigger than average, yes, but I think it looks good.

Of course if it bothers you...that is all that matters.

Offline unbelievingteen

• Posting Member
gyne is caused by imbalance of homorones right? If I were to see an endocrinologist and get them corrected by medication guided by my doctor or endocrinologist, not quite sure which... would it be treatable that way?

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
There are some medications like tamoxifen that can help, although not in all cases. You have to be careful though because sometimes even doctors don't know what they're doing.

Drugs that effect the endocrine system are not something you want to be on unless absolutely necessary. If your gyno is not getting any worse, and you have none of the symptoms of hypogonadism, I think you should just wait it out and if it doesn't go away get surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024