Author Topic: My story  (Read 2636 times)

Offline cmine

Hey everyone!

I'm almost 19 years old and currently in very good shape.  I'm 185 pounds and 6' 2" with very little body fat.  I've especially become very define in the last few months, but I still seem to have a trace of soft man-boobs on my chest.  I'm an athlete for my school so I work out at least once day and burn anywhere from 500-1500 calories per day, along with muscle building.

When I was younger I was overweight and abused because of it.  My man-boobs were the center of the both verbal and physical harassment, so you can imagine why I've become very sensitive about my chest.  Not too long ago a girl hugged me and then poked at my chest and said, "ew, what's this?"  I'm a pretty tough guy but she found my one weak spot, literally.

I had the surgery almost 2 years ago.  At first it seemed to really flatten my chest, but then scar tissue started developing.  I figured it would go away but that hard tissue material (not fat) behind my nipple is still there.  I look very define everywhere else on my body, but that little bit of tissue seems to droop off of my pecs.

Will this go away with time and exercise?  As I said, I was very overweight 4 years ago, so I've got some stretched skin, but little by little I'm shaving down the body fat.

Thanks for the responses in advance.  If helpful, I'll take some pictures if it will help more.

DrBermant

Hey everyone!

I'm almost 19 years old and currently in very good shape.  I'm 185 pounds and 6' 2" with very little body fat.  I've especially become very define in the last few months, but I still seem to have a trace of soft man-boobs on my chest.  I'm an athlete for my school so I work out at least once day and burn anywhere from 500-1500 calories per day, along with muscle building.

When I was younger I was overweight and abused because of it.  My man-boobs were the center of the both verbal and physical harassment, so you can imagine why I've become very sensitive about my chest.  Not too long ago a girl hugged me and then poked at my chest and said, "ew, what's this?"  I'm a pretty tough guy but she found my one weak spot, literally.

I had the surgery almost 2 years ago.  At first it seemed to really flatten my chest, but then scar tissue started developing.  I figured it would go away but that hard tissue material (not fat) behind my nipple is still there.  I look very define everywhere else on my body, but that little bit of tissue seems to droop off of my pecs.

Will this go away with time and exercise?  As I said, I was very overweight 4 years ago, so I've got some stretched skin, but little by little I'm shaving down the body fat.

Thanks for the responses in advance.  If helpful, I'll take some pictures if it will help more.

Losing fat and weight will not help reduce scars or residual gland issues.  Loose skin only adjusts so far after Weight LossExcess Skin of the Male Chest also can be a factor, skin compensates only so far after it has been stretched out for a long time.

I have developed a series of Standard Pictures to evaluate Male Chest and Excess Skin with Drooping or Ptosis that demonstrate the components of the problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024