Author Topic: Communication problem?  (Read 1477 times)

Offline sic75

• Posting Member
This is a question about some of the disappointments I have been reading here about post-surgery. When one post  pics that clearly show puffy nips or excess glandular tissue left behind and are now showing us the remaining problems. What, if any, kind of 1 on 1 communication was made in regards to what are you trying to accomplish with the gyno? Is it that as a "paying" patient you told the doctor what you wanted achieve and he did his own thing when it was showtime? Or is the patient who walks into the doctors office and just says "I have man boobs, here is 10K get rid of it? I know you can never guarantee the out come but it just seems that some of the cases show little or no improvement. Some here would say the "Doc only removed some fat but no gland was removed". Why would a doctor only remove fat when there is clearly glands also? Is it for the patient to have a second procedure and fork over more money? Please explain.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think that most cases that result in dissatisfaction arise from two things. Not neccessarily in order.

Unrealistic expectations.

Lack of research in selection of a Surgeon.

Both of these problems could have been easily averted before the surgery.

In both cases, the patient has no-one to blame but himself.

Do some homework and ask lots of questions before the surgery, It will pay off later.
Grandpa Dan

Offline sic75

• Posting Member
So very true. Maybe the patient is so "not patient" and goes with the first plastic surgen they find because they just want to finally be "normal". In their mind they have the "perfect chest" without fat and glands.

If and when I can get this done I am going to make sure I locate a board certified surgery with many procedures done. I will review the before and after pics. I will make sure to talk about my "perfect chest" and try and hear how close the surgery can get me there. I will make sure fat and glands will be removed.

Offline captklenk

• Posting Member
So very true. Maybe the patient is so "not patient" and goes with the first plastic surgen they find because they just want to finally be "normal". In their mind they have the "perfect chest" without fat and glands.

If and when I can get this done I am going to make sure I locate a board certified surgery with many procedures done. I will review the before and after pics. I will make sure to talk about my "perfect chest" and try and hear how close the surgery can get me there. I will make sure fat and glands will be removed.

great advice. Research, research, research  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024