Author Topic: much more swollen on left side!  (Read 4278 times)

Offline tigertown

• Posting Member
let me just state, that i know i'm only 1.6 weeks or so post op and i'm not too worried, i just need some support lol

i had excision and liipo done and i think there was more glad etc on my left side

i had a small hematoma on my left side aswell..

my left side althought i can feel no gland etc inside is very swollen, looks almost as it did before surgery, and hard.. my right side is perfect and flat, but a lil hard around the nipple.

should i be worried at all? i plan on posting pictures aswell.

anyone? i am wearing a vest aswell

Offline JORGE3094

first of all don't worry, one side can be more swollen than the other, for me it took around 4 weeks for the swelling to go away (i had my right side much more swollen than my left side) , just wear your vest 24/7 for at least 4 weeks and you should be fine.

Offline tigertown

• Posting Member
yea i wear it all the time and its as tight as it goes, one side has no no swelling the other side is puffed right up

Offline tigertown

• Posting Member
because i thought my vest wasn't tight enough i added a really wide/long tensor wrap thing and wrapped it significantly tight around the chest

hopefully this will help..

i'm getting kind of nervous

Offline tigertown

• Posting Member
updated pics

PRE OP

POST OP

this is 3 weeks post op this coming wednesday

i already had a hematoma drained 1 week post op, its pretty obvious i have another i think

should i be nervous? it definetly feels full of liquid, but it doesnt really hurt

DrBermant

updated pics

POST OP

this is 3 weeks post op this coming wednesday

i already had a hematoma drained 1 week post op, its pretty obvious i have another i think

should i be nervous? it definetly feels full of liquid, but it doesnt really hurt

Hematoma After Gynecomastia Surgery Complication means there is a collection of extra blood in the tissues.  Bleeding in tissues can expand, be tense, and cause discomfort.  Swelling from hematoma can be fresh blood, residual clotted blood, liquified blood, and injured tissues.  Clotted blood does not drain well.  Over time clotted blood liquifies permitting drainage.  Although the body will try to absorb the extra blood, it must break down the blood and then absorb the material. 

Although hematoma happen with any trauma, not having this complication and minimizing bruising and swelling with gynecomastia surgery are better solutions.  Early drainage, drains for hematoma, and helping the body deal with the extra fluid can help with healing. 

Your questions are best directed to your surgeon who can with examination offer specific advice.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline tigertown

• Posting Member
no offence DR, but that didn't help at all. basically you just explained what a hematoma is and what i should do.

what i wanted to know was, is this loooking bad or what?

i see  my surgeon again on tuesday, and i will more than likely have the hematoma drained again.

hopefully for the last time.

could this be from massaging the area too much aswell? i've been using one of those small battery operated hand held massagers on and around the area

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024