Author Topic: vest alternatives  (Read 4593 times)

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
is there anything i can wear alternatively to the vest provided by my ps? after the first week, i would rather wear another compression garment like under armour or something during the day. at night i will wear the vest. also, has any1 tried showering with the vest on? wrapping the vest in some type of plastic, or something. one week without a shower is filthy. if i can shower from waist down, plus my hair, it wouldnt be bad.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Follow the advice of your surgeon to the letter!

At this point, what you do or not do can have a lasting impact on your final surgical result.

Your surgeon did not invent the garment he provided and he is not interested in making you uncomfortable. Call his office and let your concerns be known. My bet is that the Surgeon will accept a reasonable substitute but you should not deviate from the post operative instructions without consulting the surgeon first.

Each Surgeon will have a post-operative routine that, in their experience, insures the best possible result. It would be foolish to put up the price of surgery then fail to follow the post operative instructions.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
one week of slightly stinky to ensure results, i could live with it.  i'd buy a bottle of alcohol gel and wipe it all over, or take a wet washcloth and scrub around.  if you've had gyne that long, you could get by with a little creativity. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
yeah good point guys. i think showering/bathing with a shower sponge/loofah might be the way to go. if u think about it, u could probably bathe from the waist down 1 day after surgery, and ur arms if ur careful.

DrBermant

is there anything i can wear alternatively to the vest provided by my ps? after the first week, i would rather wear another compression garment like under armour or something during the day. at night i will wear the vest. also, has any1 tried showering with the vest on? wrapping the vest in some type of plastic, or something. one week without a shower is filthy. if i can shower from waist down, plus my hair, it wouldnt be bad.

That is why I evolved my sealed Dressings After Gynecomastia Surgery that permits my typical patient to take a brief shower 24 hours after surgery (with the garment off).  Wearing a wet After Gynecomastia Surgery Garment is uncomfortable and can cause problems.

However, each surgeon uses their own techniques that may or may not limit showering. Such issues are best discussed with your own doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024